Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Capacitors....Interesting discussion!

Havasu Hangin'
    Does that mean you don't like them or you have no opinion?
    I'm not Roz or Riverbound...those guys are experts.

Tom Brown
    Where the marketing hype comes into play is the "more is better" theory behind external caps...
    There's nothing like a tax on the uninformed.

ROZ
    They make great bookends!

Tom Brown
    I hope that wasn't a dig at me.
    Not deliberately so.
    It's all good, as far as I'm concerned. I've heard some pretty decent systems that ran caps.
    By the way, I was building systems full time back in the early 80s to around 1990. For a few years following, I built systems for friends and a few good customers while I went to university. Then, I slowed down even more and just helped out with the odd system for very good friends. These days, I will make sure I get the decent factory stereo with any vehicle I may buy and that's good enough for me. It's not that I don't appreciate the hardware and effort that went into building the system but I just couldn't be bothered any more.
    The thrust of what I was trying to say is that in all the hype, I never heard people A/B with/without caps. Just like speaker cables and interconnects, it all seemed a little subjective to me. If there is a real difference, you should be able to measure it and if not, then at least you should be able to do a blind A/B test a few times and come to the same conclusion each time.
    Anyway, I've spammed my opinion sufficiently here.
    Oh yes... my readings were (and still are) taken with a Leader 40MHz dual trace analog oscilliscope. I can't help but notice that the information above was all graphed nicely using a PC. I still have to write stuff down. I suppose if I wanted to graph it, I could key it into Excel.

Tom Brown
    They make great bookends!
    Keep them fully charged and let the hijinx begin!

ROZ
    I hope that wasn't a dig at me. I was building IASCA show cars at Precision in San Diego back in the early 90s. I remember when Richard Clark was a nobody that bought a trophy in the finals.
    Precision ,eh? Which location... I remember those jackholes quite well... Joe didn't know a cap from a cap, but I hear he almost got capped a few times...lol... Do you remember Dave Kitmer?

Phat Matt
    Did anyone get any caps for christmas?

davis777
    I added a street Wires cap to my JL Audio 500/1 amp with a W6 12 sub to stop the dash and navigation lights from pulsing. No Go- what a waste off $149.00. Did not change the sound and did not stop the dash lights problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234