Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mufflers

INSman
    Okay, the new 29' twin engine Shocker is basically done and I need to make a final decision on mufflers, transom mount.
    Now the way I read it ( ***boat Test Mag ), virtually the only muffler to come in under the AZ 86db limit, was the Livorsi Northstars.(HP525 engine) :idea:
    I like what I have seen as far as the design, performance and such, but has anyone heard of any experience good or bad with these as they are pretty darn pricey in comparison to most ???

OutCole'd
    Check out the Gibsons. I think they are the way to go. Good price also.

INSman
    Check out the Gibsons. I think they are the way to go. Good price also.
    The Gibson Bullets missed the mark coming in at 88db with a single, and I am running twins :eat:

OutCole'd
    The Gibson Bullets missed the mark coming in at 88db with a single, and I am running twins :eat:
    Twin whats? They got the 496HO to 85.3db.
    Twin 525's and your right, they may not make it legal, but I would think it would get it pretty close.

INSman
    Twin whats? They got the 496HO to 85.3db.
    Twin 525's and your right, they may not make it legal, but I would think it would get it pretty close.
    I am doing twin Raylar kits right away, min 540HP, but looking more like I will be doing the bck106 kit that hits 600HP.

ELIMINAT THIS
    4x northstars behind 2x 1000 hp blower motors + 10 hrs ='s all 4 junk came apart inside. :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

BLOWN HOWARD
    Are they only checking for mufflers at the one spot or are they spot checking on the water also?? (MUFFLERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!)

rvrpig
    Telling ya...try Silent Choice...in may not be tech. legal...(you have to look that up to be sure). A friend of mine has a set and with the silent selected it is a s quiet as a new car. It does not affect his speed either. And if ya wanna run them open then you have that choice. besides...no one looks under the hatch to check the mufflers...they just listen to see if you quiet...not how your quiet.

INSman
    4x northstars behind 2x 1000 hp blower motors + 10 hrs ='s all 4 junk came apart inside. :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:
    They probably weren't designed to handle 1,000HP, but still somewhat concerning :messedup: :idea:

INSman
    Anyone heard anything about the Zoomer Cyclones ??

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast