Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mufflers

riverracerx
    Hey CJ, weren't you the guy backing into traffic in the channel last weekend? Or were you just trying to parallel park?
    Just messin' with you. Boat looks killer!

Beer-30
    How about a side-view? Came close to purchasing Channel Dave's dad's 280XP (1999) from Sleek. 502/Procharger/XR, IMCO steering, tabs.
    The 280 Eagle is still one of my favorite boats. And yours is my favorite color.
    Man, that is one busy transom, compared to mine.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...nsomSM-med.jpg

CJ
    Notice, Chris, the only dent is in my ego. Damn wind killed me last weekend. I must apologize to the guy with the orange transom. That is all I saw with my nerves on edge as he gunned it so we wouldn't meet.
    I know. I thought any muff I installed would be ugly, but with, the drive, hydraulic steering and trim tabs, the Gibsons blended right in. I have no regrets at all! And they are clamp on, so I will take them off when I hit the big blue now and again.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...Eliminator.jpg

Beer-30
    Ok, I've seen pics before. Just hadn't seen the transom. Very nice indeed.
    I am not a windshield kinda guy, so that is really the only tiny thing that bugs me about my Sleek. I'm gettin the small Gibson's for it, by the way. I really just love the Eagle's style. The drawback for us with the Eagle is the door-type opening for the mid-cuddy. We wanted full air pass-thru. That's what enticed us about the Heritage.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...bin2sm-med.jpg

INSman
    Well, due to various circumstances, price, availability, unavailability, and speaking to a few folks, I am going to give the Zoomer Cyclones (transom mount) a shot. www.zoomersexhaust.com
    They performed very well in the Hot Boat tests, and I get the sneaky suspicion they may one of, the first or the only one to get certified by Mercury here in the near future.
    I will keep anyone interested up to date on my personal experience with them, but will not be able to provide and pre/post install comparisons as they will be installed prior to me taking delivery of the boat.

BowTie Rick
    You mention price, how much are they? I did not see anything on the link and my HB mag is at work on my desk!

hot_diggity_dog
    You mention price, how much are they? I did not see anything on the link and my HB mag is at work on my desk!
    I think Dana has them for under $600.00?
    HDD

hot_diggity_dog
    The Gibson Bullets missed the mark coming in at 88db with a single, and I am running twins :eat:
    Switch to the Power curves
    HDD

CJ
    I'm gettin the small Gibson's for it, by the way.
    My friend with a 496 in his 25 Shockwave put the stubby Gibsons on and was tested at 86.2. Fabian, the guy who I have seen testing most people let him go saying that it would be even lower with a few minutes more of warming.

Beer-30
    Thanks, CJ. I was gonna just get the Bulletts for the meatier look, since I have such an "empty" transom (not like you would know what thats like!). But I figure why spend the extra money and I figure the smaller ones will provide less back pressure on a 496 than the muffs that will handle a 525.
    Like you, I will get the clamp ons. Its not a 525, but an uncorked, watered down big block absolutely makes me whoosey.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast