Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mufflers

TYREPEDDLER
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...05_061-med.jpg
    Gattlins Gary Teauge 750Hp EFI I was Tested and passed at 83.9 with no efect of hp or mph 99GPS There not removable witch kinda sucks!!

Beer-30
    Wow, I didn't think the Gatlins would drop to legal. That's actually great for Magic owners, as there is little room between the swim-step and the tips.

INSman
    I will snap a photo of mine (Zoomer Cyclones) next week and post, but I know with twins, full hydraulic steering and tabs, it is gonna' be crowded back there !! :2purples:

phebus
    In the new Powerboat magazine, it shows some new mufflers by Custom Marine that have a big chamber on them that is filled with water that the exhaust passes through. Definately different looking.

LHC30Victory
    Here is the thread I posted my twin HO results on awhile back. The AZ measurig is done at 50' and my twins passed with room to spare. Now the CA test was real close! the twins even beat the mystical, magical, unreasonable and arbitrary 10 Marina rule.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...+noise+testing
    Page 3 has my results.

Dana Marine Products
    The high performance Gibson bullets are $499.00 a pair (transom mount or clamp on). The new 496 series which are also available in a transom mount and a clamp on are $299.00 pair.
    Attention Magic owners with 496 engines....We are making a special Gibson transom mount 496 series muffler with the flange cut at the top. The 496 series clamp on's will fit with no problem, but we are constructing the special cut flange version for new installations or for the customer who doesn't want to worry about theft.

Dana Marine Products
    PS - all the new mufflers can be viewed on our website, product photos as well as in use shots.

Essex502
    I have personally seen both the Gibson's and Rex's pass the Marina's B.S. 10' (or 3 big steps) test on a HP525 which is louder in my testing than the 496HO. Either will pass the 86 dB(A) limit at 50 FEET which is the Arizona law. Both will be right at the limit per the California test of 88 dB(A) @ 39 INCHES as specified in the CA law.
    Remember folks...there are many factors in passing these tests...ambient noise, other boats nearby, people walking and talking near the tester, the air temperature, etc....making the Marina's test unreliable at best. The same goes for other testing procedures as they all specify very detail methods of testing that most LE will not be able to adhere to in most on lake situations. That doesn't mean do not add mufflers/silencers to your boat as you still need to lower the noise level to - if nothing else - not attract unwanted attention. But, quibbling over a couple of dB is missing the point. You need them and might as well get them now.

Dave C
    I don't know about you guys but I like the transom mount better than the clamp on.
    Anyone else had any experience with transom mounts?
    Haven't bought any yet because I don't go to Havazoo.

CJ
    I like the clamp-ons because I want the option to hit the ocean and open it up! However, I do stress over them loosening.
    After a few hard hours on them. I have check them and not any looser.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast