Wow, Lake Perris. That brings back some fun times when I was a kid. That was about the only place we went back then............back then being 30 years ago. Haven't been there since around '76-'77. Would kinda like to go back just to see it again now that I have my own boat, but the way everybody talks about it now I don't think I'd want to waste the trip.
Here's a pic of my Mom and Dad at Perris circa mid '70's. Nothing but boats and skiers back in those days.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...atatPerris.jpg
I was probably about 8 when this was taken. We used to have a lot of fun with the boat, then Mom got tired of it so we switched to racing motocross instead.
Best Perris story would be when my Mom took a bunch of girls out in the boat and we all sat on the 'beach' watching them just hauling ass accross the water. My Dad was fit to be tied and when they came back he started yelling at her for breaking the speed limit(it was 35 back then) and running from the patrol boat that was trying to catch them. She proceeds to defend herself by telling him she didn't know the patrol boat was chasing her and that she didn't see what the problem was anyway, the speedo said she was doing 35. Dad simply answered, that's a tach! :rollside: