Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS PART???

Wet Dream
    HYDRO,
    Your email address that you have in your profile came back failed. My email address is firezeus@penn.com.

jim lee
    Hey River Dave, I can't get that webpage to load. It just sits there and works on making menues or something. Can you give me a simple listing of the pix so I can see 'em? I'm dyin' to see this stuff.
    Thanks!
    -jim lee

RiverDave2
    Try www.3dsystems.com (http://www.3dsystems.com) and see if that works for ya.. Or if your in CA I could just show ya!
    We currently have a bunch of SLA (stereolithography) machines that can whip up "mock up" parts overnight or create patterns for investment casting.. We also have a thermajet machine (basically a 3d printer) which can grow you a pattern in wax. Our newest latest and greatest is SLS (selective laser sintering) which will actually grow you a metal part with materials similar to that of an Aluminum 7000 series almost overnight! <--- Regardless of geometry I.E. Impeller.
    To make a high performance impeller (if I ever owned a >gasp< jetboat) I'd start with an SLA pattern (QuickCast) then investment cast it with some secondary machining..
    Theoretacally though (which is the point I think you were wondering about) If I had a CAD file, I could have a prototype in 2 days, and be in production in under 2 weeks..
    RD

jim lee
    Hey thanks! That link works.
    Are you down in the LA area? I'm up in the SF Bay area. I'm now looking at that.. Hmm.. 3D Keltool thing. Can I cast aluminum parts from one of those molds? If so, the possiblilities for this are.. Dear dear dear... Just too much for me head.
    Do you guys run the machines? Or sell them? Its not clear from the www pages. Are you linked up with any foundries?
    Thanks for the link. This is great stuff!
    -jim lee

Wet Dream
    Hydro, Where did you go??

RiverDave
    Jim, if you want to cast aluminum parts forget about Keltool. It's expensive and to be perfectly honest the process isn't all "that." http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif (primarrily used for making prototype injection molds. <-- plastics) I can cast 1 off or even limited production aluminum parts pretty cheaply a couple of other ways. (As a matter of fact I'm doing some for my own personal project right now.. <--- BattleBot)
    For one off investment cast parts (I.E. an impeller, reverse bucket etc...)
    first I need a 3D Cad model.. After that I can "grow" a wax pattern via a thermojet wax machines (www.3dsystems.com) and scale it up a little bit. I can use this pattern/s to investment cast from.. Typical lead time is 2 weeks. There's also other forms of casting complex geometry with thin wall capabillity called rubber plaster molding..
    If you just need a "metal" part and you don't care about weight (1 off) SLS is a good way to go.. It "grows" a part via sintering with a 3 day turn around (regardless of geometry) that has the properties of a 7000 series aluminum (weight of a stainless)..
    RD
    [This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited April 15, 2002).]

75_Elim
    Hey RD, Can you make any Aluminum parts for my T-Maxx ??? I like to get a set of upper and lower A-Arms done. Perhaps you can build a blower for it also http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    75 Elim

RiverDave
    75 Elim, it's funny you should ask that... Believe it or not I do alot of prototyping for RC Car companies.. (You sell what your interested in right?) HPI is a customer of mine. That's why I have those two cars on my dining room table. The answer to your question is yes I can make all of the aluminum parts. A friend of mine has a "spin cast" machine and he's been wanting to cast some aluminum A-Arms etc.. Are you really interested? I can get him on the horn and see if I can't "call in a favor" so to speak..
    RD
    [This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited April 15, 2002).]

75_Elim
    RD, I'm totally interested !!! I've been replacing most of my parts as they break ie..Flywheel,clutch bell, shock towers, body posts, muffler, gas tank, bumpers and brake disc !! Now it's time for the A-Arms.
    We should talk about possibly producing a few sets of these....I could sell at least 3 sets to friends of mine with the T-Maxx, then I could do the ebay thing to try to make some cash. I have your Cell number at home. I'll give you a call tonight.
    75 Elim
    aka Jerry

Wet Dream
    Has anyone seen Hydro? I'm really needing that part and if I can't get it from him, I will have to send that stuff to you RiverDave this week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast