For the past 30 yrs. I have been involved in the high performance boating industry. During this time I have made a lot of friends through customers and racing and have come to the realization that I am never going to make everybody happy.
I started G.S.Marine in l979 with $500.00 in my pocket and a desire to be my own business man. I had one employee and a two boat shop. During this time I tried, and to this day I still try to give the customer as much personal attention as I can in dealing with his boating needs. Whether it be a jet, v-drive or I/O.
My employees have been with me for 10 to 15 years. I have to rely upon them to produce the kind of work that I am proud of as G.S. Marine. These individuals have been personally trained with the knowledge that I have learned throughout the years.
When it comes to writing the jet tech column, I probably received 25 to 50 calls per day asking for technical advise, ranging from camshaft selection to how deep should I set my shoe. I am the first one to admit that I do not know everything there is to know about performance boating. I will say that with the amount of racing experience that I have generated throughout the years. Starting off with a jet boat that ran 65 mph to a top alcohol hydro that ran over 220 mph, I have learned through my mistakes. I try to make sure that my customers do not make those same mistakes.
I apologize for not fullfilling the requirements to some of your expectations, but I feel that I did the best job that I could with the time I had available for this column.