Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mufflers for jet boats

MAINEVENT
    as i read everywhere that people are getting tested do Basset headers with Slip in baffles meet requirements to the CA and AZ laws or Decibal reads
    TIA

sidewound
    as i read everywhere that people are getting tested do Basset headers with Slip in baffles meet requirements to the CA and AZ laws or Decibal reads
    TIA
    I think they pass at idle a 100' off the dock !
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

Hustler
    I dont think they will pass. Where do you normally boat?

Verrrry doubtful that they'd pass. I'm gonna baffle up this summer, in hopes that some law enforcement officer may let me pass for at least making an effort.
    Since they'd kill about 200-300 of my hard earned rpm (consequently speed).........The plan is........I'll pull em out in the afternoon/early evening, for racin.

MAINEVENT
    I boat in parker lake mohave and out of topock on the river mainly... I usually only use my baffles when my kids are in the boat but this summer i think i am gonna leave them in.... I dont need a ticket :rollside:

Heatseeker
    Verrrry doubtful that they'd pass. I'm gonna baffle up this summer, in hopes that some law enforcement officer may let me pass for at least making an effort...
    That's what the water sheriff told me at my favorite lake last summer. If I kept them wet and baffled there'd be no problem. I haven't been up yet this year, so I'll have to wait and see if he meant it.

Hustler
    I boat in parker lake mohave and out of topock on the river mainly... I usually only use my baffles when my kids are in the boat but this summer i think i am gonna leave them in.... I dont need a ticket :rollside:
    out of topock I dont think you will have a problem running with out them but Parker and Mojave I would suspect are going to really enforce it. I know DNE was working on some inserts but I dont know where they ended up on that project. I put a call into him to see so when I here back I will let you know. Bobaloo here on the boards got some from a place that also made inserts but I dont remember the name of them, you might try pm'ing him and see where he got his.

LakesOnly
    Thank god NorCal doesn't have to deal with this noise ordinance crap.
    (yet...)
    LO

Floored
    I never get bothered with mine but they are the long spiral bassett inserts and part of it is cam size and compression. I'm only 10-1 and just a mile hyd cam. big inches and big cam makes more noise + I have an olds and even the Cops are sympathetic :cry: . I'll be at parker in a couple of weeks and I'm going to look up Boatcop to get checked. Then I'll know for sure

Squirtin Thunder
    So far no problem on the River, Laughlin/Bullhead area !!! And no problems yet at Lake Mohave !!!
    But time will tell !!!
    Jim
    BTW - I haven't even been stopped for my NC tags on the boat !!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast