Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: alum. heads or steel heads?

hey rr,on my boat while crusing 40mph or so im making a pound or less of boost.only when you mash out is when you see the boost come on.if you want to make 650 ponies i would go big cubes no blower its a lots less money and stress on your motor and mind.im sure the shadow will run in the high 80's low 90's with 650 ponies.i know if i do it all over again(and i hope i get to)i will definetly go unblown and under the hatch.i let my ego build my motor the first three times and i amit it was very cool to go pretty fast but after awhile you want to go faster and sooner are later your kinda budget yourself out hoping that it dont break cause you cant afford to put it back together.so thats why im seriously thinking about getting a 25 or 26 deep vee going 75 or 80 and being happy.i really dont know why im telling you all of this but i thought maybe if you hear someones story that's been there maybe it can help you decide on your choice.another thing about a blown cat everyone wants to race.everone that rides in the boat is always screaming haul ass haul ass if your not then there not happy.so when and if i do get my new boat that goes 75 or so when people start screaming haul ass i will say ,this is it shut up sit down or i will be hauling one less ass.

racingrascal
    boatnam, thanks for the story that's me! I was thinking blower because it will look bad ass, but at the same time I want to enjoy my boat and do as little repairs over time as possible. I don't want to wrench on it all weekend and do 100 mph once. So your thinking between 80 & 90 mph with 650 ponies. That is what i am looking for mid to upper 80's. Thanks for all of the great advise. I have been on and owned other boats but nothing like this before.

hey rr,i know tough decision,when i look at my boat and see the huffer sticking out of the hatch all shiny it gives me goose bumps.or the nosie it makes when you first start it before water get's in the exhaust the motor lumping over i love it.i haven't had no problems with it since i had it built right two years ago but i think its just time to move on to something thats more practical,but make sure you get enough power for your kitty.because a cat with no claws cant scratch.just try to find what makes you happy and will give you the most trouble free times.im going down to ultra tommorow to look around and talk to john.i really like the laveycraft 26ft my girlfreind like's the 27 ft warlock so maybe we can meet in the middle at ULTRA.im not sure where you live but if your in the riverside county area you could meet me at elsinore and take a ride and drive my boat and see how you like the blower set up before you do your rig.i go there during the week in the afternoons.

racingrascal
    boatnam, what kind of boat do you have now?

hey rr,a 26ft american offshore cat.

racingrascal
    Nice boat. I would like to take you up on the offer sometime soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12