Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roller Cam suggestions needed for Jetboat engine

DeputyDawg
    I promise I will quit asking so many damn questions one of these days guys. I need to re-cam the motor that I will be putting in the 21' Daytona and I would appreciate a little help with selecting the right one. The motor is a 522ci BBC 9.8:1 compression with AFR CNC'd 335cc Aluminum heads, Dart tunnel ram, two Holley 750 DPs, MSD ignition system. The boat is a Kevlar lay up 21' Daytona with a full interior. I have a stainless 9.5" impeller as well as a stainless "B" cut impeller.Pump has an inducer as well. I imagine I will be using the B impeller. I was thinking about using one of the Isky jetboat roller cams that is .640"int .650"ext. duration @ 50 is 264 int. 272 ext. 112 center. What do you guys think? This boat will spend a lot of time at cruising speed with the occasional WOT here and there and I will probably put a small shot (150hp)of nitrous on it too. Any help would be appreciated.

steelcomp
    What kind of exhaust are you running? Those heads have a good ex port and I wouldn't think need all that ex in the cam...might overscavange...unless you're running manifolds/thru transom. Then probably OK. :coffeycup

DeputyDawg
    The heads have stainless valves, 2.300 intake 1.880 ext. I will be running water jacketed lightening headers-through hull. What would you recommend?

steelcomp
    With the B that'll probably work pretty good. I like the 112 lc.

Taylorman
    I'd flow the heads and get a custom grind cam matched to your engine and needs.

DeputyDawg
    Can anyone suggest someone to call that can help me with a cam recommendation for this deal? The tech guys at the big cam companies haven't been very helpful and I need to get this done.

Taylorman
    Chris Straub
    Stef's Performance Products Inc
    He will want your flow numbers from your heads.

IMPATIENT 1
    anyone have a set of ot 460 jet headers for sale,rebuilbing my taylor sj and
    the waterlogs gotta go!!
    call 580-326-7236 or
    te_1051@hotmail.com :lightsabe

Duane HTP
    Dawg, give me a call or email. I'm a WD for Isky Cams.

Ken F
    ...and he's too humble to say it, but a two legged camshft computer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast