Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Droop Snoot & Cables

rivercrazy
    Since the droop is about 6-8" long, the steering, hydro lines, and reverse/fowrard cable needs to accommodate the added length.
    The ride plate that Place Diverter sells is really like poor mans ride plate. It simply attaches to the bottom of the droop snoot.
    To do it right, you need to get a machined ride plate and shoe. To do this you have to pull the motor out and remove the intake to have it machined to accept the machined shoe and ride plate assembly. GS Marine and MPD are probably the best sources if you go this route if you live in SoCal.
    The purpose of a ride plate is to extend the running surface of the boat for added lift.

cyclone
    oh i got it. Right now my boat is flipped over in my shop. Should i pull the intake out of the hull and have them machine it for a shoe and ride plate? Where does the ride plate go? off the back of the transom to the jet? sorry for all the questions.

rivercrazy
    What kind of boat did you have again? If your goal is to run over 65mph, I'd go and do it now. It will cost you less now versus later.
    Usually a ride plate will extend from the back of the intake and bolt to the bottom of the bowl.

cyclone
    i have an 18' Rogers cyclone. So it goes from the back of the intake and covers that last 6-inches of the hull before the end of the transom? I need to find a picture of one. Is this the type of thing that I need to haul the boat over to a shop to have done? I'm almost done with the bodywork on the bottom of the boat.

Slick
    Dave, that'll be sweet. That way you can do the R&D on the droop and I'll do it on the inducer.

rivercrazy
    Originally posted by cyclone:
    i have an 18' Rogers cyclone. So it goes from the back of the intake and covers that last 6-inches of the hull before the end of the transom? I need to find a picture of one. Is this the type of thing that I need to haul the boat over to a shop to have done? I'm almost done with the bodywork on the bottom of the boat.
    You will need to deliver the boat if you want a shop to do all the work.
    I'd call GS Marine @ (909) 272-6060 or MPD @ (949) 631-2040. For some pics to to: http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12