Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May be moving to phoenix. Got some ?'s

Tim_T
    The wife got a air traffic control job offer in mesa and we got some ?'s about the area. Actually I would like to know about how much do you guys pay for electricity out there monthly? Its expensive as hell in Tx. I have done some research on housing cost and AZ aint to bad. Im trying to convince her to take the job because I like the dry heat. Also whats the job market out there like for fiberglass composite repair or welding? Im got certified in both through the navy and im gonna seperating from the navy in february. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks. Oh yeah, I also want her to take the job so i can take the sanger out on christmas and new years. Thanks again.
    Tim

Sleek-Jet
    Depending on where you live, you'll either be on Salt River Project's system or Arizona Public Service's system.
    www.srpnet.com
    or
    www.aps.com
    Both of the terrifs for these companies should be on the websites. Figure on dropping a few hundred a month (depending on the size of your house, seir rating of the AC unit, ect...) on electricity in the summer months.

Wintertime I pay $100 a month for electric and I'm overpaying. I've actually got a credit of a couple hundred bucks now. Summertime's a killer. Running the air almost continuously 24-7 costs approximately $240 per month for the months of July, August, September.
    My house is 3 bed, 2 bath, 1830 sq. ft. with a pool (some of that $240 per month goes to running the pump and keeping the pool up to snuff).
    SRP (salt river project) has a number of programs to help you pay the bills. I'm sure APS does as well.

DelawareDave
    Don't know about fiberglass jobs, but I am in the steel fab business. I was in Phx til 96 (8yrs) and thought steel fab jobs paid rather low. I did work for a number of shops there, including Schuff. A lot of them offered no bennies when I was there. But comparing AZ to Texas for similar work, it might be comparable, depending on who you work for.

Cole1313
    I recently moved out here as well. Electricity for us is $70 in the winter $300 in the summer. We are going to a flat pay next year.
    Chandler and Mesa are pretty nice areas. I do not know anything about your industry, however I do know that business owners are making money hand over fist right now, because of the increase in population over the past two years.

Cole Sanger
    I have a 1406sq ft house in Gilbert and I pay about 130 in the hot summer months and about 60-70 in the winter. Not sure about the two jobs you asked about. I am an electronics technician and it is up an down in the semiconductor market. Look at Intel, they are hiring a ton of people right now. Good luck.

Tim_T
    Thanks for the help everybody. I am soooo glad to see its not nearly as expensive for electricity there as it is in texas. As for me my certifications are secondary to my job as a aircraft mechanic. They are actually source ratings for my job. Any, i really appreciate the help.
    Tim

cruser
    Cole Sanger
    I am an Electronics Tech also and just accepted a transfer to Intel's Ocotillo(sp?) site. The new job includes a promotion to Engineer and a temporary assignment in Oregon until next fall.
    Any pointers you or anyone else can give me about housing, schools etc. on that side of town, around the Intel plant will be greatly appreciated.
    Last year about this time while applying for a different position I was asking for similar advice but that job didn't work out. This time around, they made me an offer and I accepted it so it should be a done deal.

Cole1313
    Cole Sanger
    I am an Electronics Tech also and just accepted a transfer to Intel's Ocotillo(sp?) site. The new job includes a promotion to Engineer and a temporary assignment in Oregon until next fall.
    Any pointers you or anyone else can give me about housing, schools etc. on that side of town, around the Intel plant will be greatly appreciated.
    Last year about this time while applying for a different position I was asking for similar advice but that job didn't work out. This time around, they made me an offer and I accepted it so it should be a done deal.
    I live 2 blocks away from the Intel plant. The entire area down there is nice and the school system is decent. The homes range from 300+ .

mj680
    They have State Income Tax in AZ,but none in TX.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast