Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Somerville Motorcycle rally this weekend

Greaser
    Is anyone planing on coming out???????
    Since the county killed the old Dawgs on Hawgs rally, they started a new one called Hawgs over Texas. It actually started yesterday, but it will last all weekend. Not really sure who all is playing, but I know that lastnight they had Fog Hat, and Saturday night is .38 Special :hammer2:

TexasJet
    I'll be up Sat. aft. See ya at Pecan.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    I bet the law is all over this deal like stink on chit.....ya'll be careful.
    Omega

Greaser
    COOL :hammer2:

Greaser
    I bet the law is all over this deal like stink on chit.....ya'll be careful.
    Omega
    Yea, I will definatly be running baffles this weekend
    DPS is all over the place. I saw 4 this morning on the way to work, and its only a mile and a half drive :2purples:

wrenchdaddy
    are the Somerville lake cops strict on exhaust or what? I thought they didn;t care?

TexasJet
    Oh they care. It's a state law. On a weekend like this they will be extra diligent. If you have over the transom headers you better have your baffles in. Especially this weekend. Your boat can be loud as long as you have the baffles, and they look closely at the open end of the headers. They better see the baffles or it's a ticket.

wrenchdaddy
    dang, I guess I better find some baffles quick.

Greaser
    dang, I guess I better find some baffles quick.
    This is the way it usually goes. They will usually only check you out once. After that, its all good. Last year I got checked on one of the major holiday weekends, luckly I had my baffles in. After that, I was never checked again. Even this one time, I was hangin out at Pecan, and there was a few jets out there, and the Game warden checked all the boats for baffles, but when it came to be my turn, she just said hi, and went on by :hammer2: As long as you arnt acting stupid, they will be pretty cool

wrenchdaddy
    Do baffles quiet them down any? I don;t know where to find some that won;t cost me 100+ dollars, thats a lot for 2 cones. How much is a ticket anyway?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast