Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Somerville Motorcycle rally this weekend

Greaser
    I think its a $200 ticket, but I was told they will give you a warning the first time. But I wouldnt count on it. I guess it just depends on what kind of mood they are in.

wrenchdaddy
    what if you have water injected headers and they work, does that count as an exhaust muffling device or u still have to have the baffles???

TexasJet
    As I understand it, you must have baffles if you have over the transom exhaust. The law doesn't say anything about them being water injected or not, just they must have baffles. It looks like Sat. is going to suck weather wise anyway so there probably won't be anybody on the lake. I read the wind is supposed to blow 15-20 all day out of the North. That makes Somerville a nasty lake. The high temp is supposed to be mid 70's. I think I'll pass for today and see what Sunday looks like.

wrenchdaddy
    texasjet, im in college station and it doesn;t look good right now. Wind is blowin and its pretty chilly. They're sayin its supposed to clear off later, guess we'll see.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Do baffles quiet them down any? I don;t know where to find some that won;t cost me 100+ dollars, thats a lot for 2 cones. How much is a ticket anyway?
    baffles make a noticeable difference. I personally run the straight thru bassett hi-performance baffles. they are still loud and you can still tell it is a big block they do however knock the rasp out of the exhaust and smooth it out. I think I actually prefer them in then out. at 5500 rpm it can get awfully loud in my ride with them out. you can actually talk to other people in the boat when they are in :mix:
    the baffles I have are SS and will probably last forever. Look at as a one time investment. these jet boats are not that common and there is a small group of game wardens that patrol somerville. I would hate to start off on the wrong foot with them
    Omega

Greaser
    I heard that Mike Ward sells them for a pretty reasonable price, $130 I think
    I would defiatly buy a set, just to have on hand, if nothing else.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    I heard that Mike Ward sells them for a pretty reasonable price, $130 I think
    I would defiatly buy a set, just to have on hand, if nothing else.
    anyway you slice it they are cheaper than the ticket you get.......$200. I take it you didn't make it out this past weekend Greaser. the wind was honking........I bet Somerville was ROUGH
    Omega

wrenchdaddy
    where is mike ward and how can I get a hold of him?

texas-19
    here they are for $79.00
    http://www.cpperformance.com/ ( http://www.cpperformance.com/)
    I agree with omega,i don't want to draw attention from the game warden cause i like to have a few brews when i'm out on the lake.
    I went to Somerville once last year on the 4th of july ,got checked for baffles at the ramp and then later got checked by the woman game warden out in the lake on her jet ski,both times all they did was look for baffles and told me have a good day,i asked the woman if she wanted to see my life jackets and she said nope.
    So if you show up without them you are gonna get checked out and my guess would be they will check everything.If they do find something wrong you will probobly get checked again the first time you come back.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    where is mike ward and how can I get a hold of him?
    www.mikespumpandspeed.com he is in Houston.
    Omega

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast