Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JL amp question

Magic34
    Is a JL 450.4 enough for 4 pairs of the 6.5" polyglass Focal speakers? I am thinking it isn't enough.

Procraftkev
    Its never enough! Just depends on the money you cn spend. I went with the ZAPCO 1000.4 250 watts@2ohms

rvrhlic
    I was looking at that one, I think that 450/4 has different power outputs for the front and rear channels. From what i understand it is made for cars with a dvd player so the front channels power better than the rears.

cdog
    I have the 450/4 running 3 sets of mb quatrz 6.5's and they sound great. 4 pairs might be a little much for that amp. You might have to do 2 amps to power them right. But they'll be real loud then.

riverroyal
    we went with the JL upgrade magic offered,JL 6 by 9s,,,six of them,,it sounds great,price was fair doing it through them,plus i dont have to mess with it,it was done!

Cole Trickle
    we went with the JL upgrade magic offered,JL 6 by 9s,,,six of them,,it sounds great,price was fair doing it through them,plus i dont have to mess with it,it was done!
    I would have someone that knows how to tune stereo's look at your set up.
    Magic is putting in some pretty good equipment but they are just hooking up the amps and calling it a day.
    We spent a couple minutes playing with our gains and cross over points and it easily sounds 10x better now.
    Brandin

ROZ
    I was looking at that one, I think that 450/4 has different power outputs for the front and rear channels. From what i understand it is made for cars with a dvd player so the front channels power better than the rears.
    Actually it's to help maintain a front sound stage by not pull sound away from the front..... The band should sound as if it's playing on your dash...

INSman
    I have (2) 300/4's driving four pairs of speakers in my old and my new boat and I think they sound great and very clean with a min. of 75 hitting each speaker.

DogHouse
    I just looked up the specs on JL's websight. Only wierd thing about that amp is that channels 1 & 2 are good for 150w each, but 3 & 4 only get 75w each. If that's really true, and you want to run a pair of speakers on each channel, the imbalance in output between 1-2 and 3-4 would not be optimum. I would use an amp with equal output at all four corners (like my Hifonics Z6400, 170 x 4 @2ohms RMS), and a separate amp for the subs.
    Still can't believe how good those PHDs sound!

Magic34
    I switched to JBL power, as I was happy with them in my last boat, and putting 1100 watts to the 2 subs and 2 300.4's to the 4 pairs of 6.5" speakers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast