Thread: pan-evac backflow device

lilrick
    I need one of those lil ol anti backfire units for my new headers. The headers have a male pipe fitting welded to the header for a pan evac. I need all of the necessary plumbing to complete this set up.Any ideas?

Tahiti350
    For the check valves go to any parts store and get the air injection check valves for a '80's to '90's Chevy. That would be a good starting point. Or you could go to Summit and get the whole kit ($$).

lilrick
    For the check valves go to any parts store and get the air injection check valves for a '80's to '90's Chevy. That would be a good starting point. Or you could go to Summit and get the whole kit ($$).
    the air injection for the smog crap?

the air injection for the smog crap?
    Yep.

Tahiti350
    Thanks Oldsquirt,
    Yes, the check valves are the same as the ones in the Summit kit, probably the same manufacture even. If your really cheap (like me) you could head to the local bone yard and pull used ones from a Chevy and build the rest of the plumbing!!! :hammer2:

lilrick
    thanks fellars!!!!!!!!!

lilrick
    Thanks Oldsquirt,
    Yes, the check valves are the same as the ones in the Summit kit, probably the same manufacture even. If your really cheap (like me) you could head to the local bone yard and pull used ones from a Chevy and build the rest of the plumbing!!! :hammer2:
    that's good stuff, I was thinkin' bout my buddies junk pile!!!!!!!

Tahiti350
    Just be aware that the flappers do rot out on the valves, I'd use old ones for mock up (unless you luck into some nearly new ones in the junk pile), but spring for new for final install. Also, try to mount them low and to the inside to help hide them from sight.

cyclone
    I can't remember what they cost but I got a pair of those valves from my local chevy dealer. I want to say they were 20 bucks a piece??? not sure if that's a good deal or a bad one.

Crazy Squeeek
    Mr. Gasket makes the entire kit-- $31.95 ( Jeg's ) 2 Breathers, 2 Blow Back Valves, Everything rite down to the 4 clamps. This is the system I'm running this year. One suggestion, Find CLEAR HOSE to plumb the system. I crew chief 6 drag cars ( MOPARS ) and I use the clear hose to help check whats flowing out the hose ( or in ). Its an easy way to determine how much oil is being blown out or to see if there is moisture ( milk ) in the oil system. Just my 2 1/2 cents worth, SqK