Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thumbs up to Whipple

sorry dog
    Sure, or was it because you couldn't fit one on your outboard?
    Wasn't my car but 2 seized 1.2L whipples in a MR2.

HP350SC
    Wasn't my car but 2 seized 1.2L whipples in a MR2.
    See, that was the problem...too small. Something more like this perhaps?
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...231980epic.jpg
    Photo courtesy of Rock-it Man

RACER52
    I agree, whipple next day aired me new bypass valves just like I asked
    and was ready for Havasu...
    Hey Dustin, how many cubic inches can the 2.3 quad rotor handle and not have to work to hard to get 10lbs boost..
    I think I'm going bigger...
    Gotta love those whipples===490 c.i. 10lbs boost==26 cat== 115mph
    Racer

sigepmock
    Anybody know what Rock-it-man is running? Did he ever get the Record? That 980 looks mean as hell, almost makes the motor look small.

HP350SC
    Hey Dustin, how many cubic inches can the 2.3 quad rotor handle and not have to work to hard to get 10lbs boost..
    Racer
    115=
    Troy, the quad 2.3 should be fine at 10 lbs. up to 565 or so. 598 at over 10 lbs. I would say 3.3's.
    Merc. runs the 2.3's in the 1075, which is 557 cu. in.

nodigg
    I'm still a Whipple lover, glad to hear you got quick turn-around!

HP350SC
    Anybody know what Rock-it-man is running? Did he ever get the Record? That 980 looks mean as hell, almost makes the motor look small.
    Has not run boat yet, only motor. Check the Shasta thread, on hot spots west for more info. He has ran 143 I believe with a quad 3.3.

sorry dog
    Well running a 1200AX on a 1.6 motor is probably a good setup. There's only been one V8 shoved into an MR2 and it's still in progress...but anyway this guy's first whipple seized from bad install advice from Whipple. Not sure why the second one seized but they won't help out this time...
    Well, Whipple called me (well I had to call them repeatidly first) to tell me they were not going to waranty my compressor due to a "bypass problem" I was using the stock Toyota ABV. This is not a cheap ebay plastic bypass valve. Now, I told him, that I wanted proof that the Toyota ABV could not flow enough to cause the issues. I said I'll send it to him to flow test or whatever. He refused to do so. He basicaly told me to go ____ myself. Without this proof, what am I left with but a biased opinion. Whipple has TERRIBLE customer service. They rarely return phone calls, or let you talk to tech support when you call. The receptionist always just takes a friggin message. I want my damn money back. What can I do??? Can I take this to a lawyer? He said that they use a 1.5" ID bypass on thier kit with an actuator. I told them, well you shouldn't have given me a waranty, unless I was going to use a Whipple bypass. I bought a waranteed product, using your bypass wasn't in the terms.
    I'm figgering that they would rather spend the time to make you high rolling Big Block guys happy than some kid who wants to make a 200 horsepower go-kart. Selective service I guess :frown:

TPI
    Racer
    R52:
    I currently run 10 lbs on my 2.3 Quad/565ci on pump gas. It makes a reliable 1105 on the dyno. I have run 12, 14, 16 lbs of boost on the same set up(with race gas) and noticed some big power differences(But I needed a bigger cam to get the most out of it). 10 lbs on pump gas is about the most you would want IMO, with a good hyd roller set up.

Jrocket
    I see Whipple having some good and bad service in hear but I can honestly say that I wont have anything to do with Dustin just for the comments that he has made to me on this board.I'd rather spend twice the money on something else than give him any of my cash.
    For you people that have got good service from him,Im glad it worked out for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast