Thread: Alpine changer hook up questions

maxwedge
    I have an older Alpine CHM-S655RF CD changer that I would like to hook up in my boat as part of a budget system. It's designed to run through an RF modulator, but my question is, will a newer alpine head unit control this thing directly, or do I need to run it through the tuner no mater what since it's an RF model?

Outnumbered
    http://www.stylestandard.net/oswego/login/alpinelogin
    Click continue without login, search for your model number, click the little icon on the right to down-load the owners manual.
    Its in there, I just looked at it.

maxwedge
    I still have the owners maunual, but it doesn't mention anything about compatibility. Not sure it would matter anyway, because it's at least 6 years old. I guess what I really want to know is if it will plug into a current model Alpine head unit and still work so I don't have to use the seperate controller and RF box that it came with.

Outnumbered
    I still have the owners maunual, but it doesn't mention anything about compatibility. Not sure it would matter anyway, because it's at least 6 years old. I guess what I really want to know is if it will plug into a current model Alpine head unit and still work so I don't have to use the seperate controller and RF box that it came with.
    Probably not. Its not designed for that.