Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all you Sony stereo owners with iPods

Jyruiz
    This just came out, I am getting one as soon as they are in stock.
    Sony iPod interface (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FS4dzhx...IP&search=ipod)

shadow
    This just came out, I am getting one as soon as they are in stock.
    Sony iPod interface (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FS4dzhx...IP&search=ipod)
    Whats the difference from the connect 2 that everyone is selling now?I
    Just bought the connect 2 and an ipod yesterday.

Jyruiz
    Differences are the Sony is cheaper and it has a pass-through connection.

OutCole'd
    I think the difference is this will work with an external CD player when the Connect 2 only takes the place of an external CD player.

Jyruiz
    That appears to be correct, it does say pass through. But if you have even one other unilink source, such as XM, you have to get an XA-C30 anyway.
    Yup, that is true. So Bob, do you guys sell the XA-C30 and the Connect 2? Thinking of getting it for my boat.

Jyruiz
    They're out of stock.
    j/k. Yes, we have them in stock. I'll PM you price manana.
    Cool, thanks.

Outnumbered
    I'm starting to re-think this Sony HU shit. I went with Sony because the boat already has the Sony remote. Now to add the changer and the XM direct I have to but a XA-C30 + XM tuner + XM Direct smart adapter. I think I'll just buy the XA-300 and use my XM Roadie2. Sony really has you by the balls with all their adapters

Outnumbered
    Which remote? The display or non display? Why don't you just switch to an Alpine 9857 and let me build you an interface for the non display Sony remote? Full speed IPOD control. The interface with your IPOD blows away anything else on the market. You can use Sirius or XM. You can even add a changer without any adapters.
    Hmmmm :idea: Now you have my attention. The boat has the oval access tech remote and I just bought a second on e-bay. What I would like to do is run a changer, XM direct, and 3 access tech remotes.
    The only bummer is I already bought the Sony 7715 and the 10-disc Sony changer. Maybe I'll just put it in my car or sell it on e-bay.

Cole Trickle
    Ditch the changer and go 9857 and full speed IPOD, you'll never put a CD into the thing again. The oval remotes will work no problem, as many as you want, with my interface. XM or Sirius with the Alpine.
    I conccur......
    John got me one of the new Alpine 9857's and hooked me up with his remote gizmo.The new deck is 10X nicer than the Sony and seems to sound better to boot!!
    The Ipod control is sweet and we now have the Sirus installed and activated!!! :crossx:

Outnumbered
    Ditch the changer and go 9857 and full speed IPOD, you'll never put a CD into the thing again. The oval remotes will work no problem, as many as you want, with my interface. XM or Sirius with the Alpine.
    I'm not into the ipod thing because I don't have the time to download all the music. I'm sure once you have it all dialed it is sweet but I don't have the patience or time to organize all the music. I've got lots of CDs that I rarely listen to at home that I would just throw in the shuttles and leave them there for the weekend. Easier for me.
    How much do you want to make your interface and how long does it take?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast