Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So how bad will it be???

riverracerx
    That happened to me a year and a half ago. Cost me 10K for a Max Machine rebuild.
    Don't buy another Bravo1 , it will just happen again. And the cost from an XR to a Max drive is worth the extra dough.

bear down
    That happened to me a year and a half ago. Cost me 10K for a Max Machine rebuild.
    Don't buy another Bravo1 , it will just happen again. And the cost from an XR to a Max drive is worth the extra dough.
    Don't want to dump 10k into a new drive just for our 22' boat. Hoping for the best...

Outnumbered
    All these new Merc packages breaking in stock form are making me real nervous. What is up with the quality in these new motor/drive packages? My old 460/King Cobra had 17 years on a stock motor and 1 rebuild on the drive. Can you buy an extended warranty from Merc after the fact? Kinda sux to spend this much money on a new boat and have the drive take a deuce after 2-3 years of normal use.

bear down
    I thought it was a premature detonation as well. I have 140 hrs on the boat don't run it too hard and take it pretty easy out of the hole...go figure :idea:

Outnumbered
    I thought it was a premature detonation as well. I have 140 hrs on the boat don't run it too hard and take it pretty easy out of the hole...go figure :idea:
    Sorry to hear that. I would be calling Mercury to see if you can get a little love. 140 hours, that is barely broke-in with stock power.

burtandnancy
    I wouold start the warrantee process thru you boat mfgr. They have a lot of pull based on the number of systems they buy.

beyondhelpin
    I would definatly give Merc a call. Sometimes they will pony up and make it right. They did for my brother last year on a 250 outboad. Lost a power head not to far out of warranty and they still covered it.

bear down
    I would definatly give Merc a call. Sometimes they will pony up and make it right. They did for my brother last year on a 250 outboad. Lost a power head not to far out of warranty and they still covered it.
    I purchased the boat in Feb. of '03...Do you think mercury will cut me some sort of break??

Dr. Eagle
    1. You're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!
    2. Not likely you will get much out of Mercury.
    3. Probably a couple of grand...

HOOTER SLED-
    I'm thinking if it was only clicking forward only, you should of drove in reverse all the way back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast