Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Finally! Dyno results!

diggler
    How much hp did they gain by tuning? 802hp on pull 19 - what was the hp on pull 1?
    Brian
    Pull #1 was 793hp. He had it almost dialed in perfectly, raw from the shop.
    As to the oil psi, Dave had a long talk explaining it with me. I'm perfectly comfortable with what the engine does after this talk. thanks!

Blown 472
    Why the side hung float bowls?? are you worried about shutting off the needle and seats on take off??

steelcomp
    Is that a pair of 6109 Holleys?? What's the set-up on them??
    Nice motor...good power. That boat oughta haul ass!! Congrats Diggler. :coffeycup

Taylorman
    Wasn't this boat or motor for sale a while back?
    What kind of power you had before. Wasn't it a high compression motor?

diggler
    Yep, it's a pair of 6109 Holley's, 750cfm ea.
    This boat was for sale last year,... I bought it in September!

steelcomp
    Why the side hung float bowls?? are you worried about shutting off the needle and seats on take off??
    The 6109's come that way. They did that so they could be used in line. :coffeycup

flat broke
    If that boat is wheeling long enough to drain both bowls on take off, he's got bigger problems than his float bowls
    How many quarts of oil were you running? What size oilpan? It sounds to me that you were dry sumping the motor at high rpms. All the oil was being pumped up and very little was in the pan. That would bother me in my boat but if they said it was ok then I guess its ok. I would make him put it in writing along with a warranty I was just curious bud. Good looking mill though
    I'm gonna be called out as an asshole on this, and that's fine by me. 396, exactly wtf do you think you have up on anyone second guessing the oiling system on a mill like this? Put it in writing with a warranty eh? care how to guess those little pieces of paper cost when you're making this kind of HP on pump gas? Psi and VOLUME are both factors when keeping a motor alive. Dave doesn't "settle" for mediocre on his motors and I could never see him sending something out the shop door that was setup wrong (as you are insinuating).
    Further more, a good deal of the gauges out there would barely respond to the difference between 52.7 and 48.4PSI on the dial. Last but not least, in this boat, 6500RPM isn't an RPM you're going to be running accross the lake at.
    If you were just asking for your own edification, swell; but it looked more like you were picking apart a nice piece. I personally don't care, but let the guy enjoy his new baby, and rest assured that Dave knows what the hell he is doing when it comes to setting up these mills
    Chris

bp
    Just had our motor dynoed. At about 5000 rpm oile pressure was at about 60, once at about 5200, dropped to 40. Dyno was IMMEDIATELY stopped. After checking motor out, everything was great, EXCEPT the pan. Many baffles arounf the iol pump. Have replaced pan, as this was the only problem found. Am re-dynoing. I agree with 396 ways.. sounds like a problem. (posted by Performance 19) Jim
    what you and 396 don't seem to be understanding is that dne doesn't let an engine out the door unless it's ok, and he stands behind ALL his work. i don't mean to disrespect your opinions in any way, but when you've built all the 800+ hp engines he has over a lot of years, that have logged hundreds of hours of flogging up and down the rivers and tracks without failure, then you've developed the knowledge to know what is right and what isn't. if he says this one is good to go, it is good to go.

steelcomp
    396...I kinda have to side with Chris and bp here...that was a pretty stupid comment. You clearly don't have a clue as to what's going on there. There's more experience and knowledge standing there than in most dyno rooms in the country...possibly the world. That's a nice motor, don't get me wrong, but it dosen't even scratch the surface as to what experience and professionalism stands behind it. Get it in writing...thast's a good one. :hammerhea

Mrs CP 19
    Not even insinuating there is a problem!!!! Just passing along my experience. The owner posted that it was explained in fullest detail to him and he is completely satisfied. That is great!DNE is obviously extremely talented and experienced according to Flat Broke, and others posting. I am sure the owner will be completelty satisfied and all will be great. Again, just passing along MY latest experience. Jim (Performance 19)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast