Thread: Dual jet drive

Unchained
    It seems that the dual jet drive has been out for many months now but yet I haven't seen any impressive speeds or acceleration numbers. Could it be that it's NOT the best thing since sliced bread? If it was going to revolutionize the industry they would have shown us some facts by now.

Jungle Boy
    Unchained:
    It seems that the dual jet drive has been out for many months now but yet I haven't seen any impressive speeds or acceleration numbers. Could it be that it's NOT the best thing since sliced bread? If it was going to revolutionize the industry they would have shown us some facts by now.Dual drives have been around for years but have been mainly used in bigger commercial boats. Performance boats are a lot more sensitive to intake and bottom design thus making a good performance dual drive more difficult to perfect.

AGGRESSOR JETS
    Unchained:
    It seems that the dual jet drive has been out for many months now but yet I haven't seen any impressive speeds or acceleration numbers. Could it be that it's NOT the best thing since sliced bread? If it was going to revolutionize the industry they would have shown us some facts by now.Give us a break- you are not only talking 2 drives- you are talking a new designed intake which shows a great amount of water. Overcharge is being overcome- that is only one part of Dual Drive.
    You are talking a new Gear Box that is a second part of Dual. on unit #2 You are talking a Split suction as the test model. You are also talking a new Chain Drive system. All this takes time. We did not make the initial release on Dual- Someone else did prior to it being Tested and ready for public release!
    Dual on our large drive was intended for larger boats in excess of 23' Dual Drive on our JR Drive was intended for extensive R&D. Both show great hope in very different applications. It takes time to prove and test. Dual takes everyone away from the foundry & machine shop.We are pleased with Both Drives and working with builders on downstream programs. You don't build it and release it! It all takes time to work, test, prove, and product release. It was Pre-released in Hot Boat before its time!Not done by us. Give it time it will find a homemarket-Dave

SuperWrench0166
    i am looking at this drive for a new 25 to 27 ft custom made aluminum boat and i have to wait till its available till i can go any further

Jet2Riv
    Testing ??????
    Came across this old post.
    I have had mine installed since late July.
    Dave [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DSCN0059.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/Picture_012.JPG[/img]

Slim Shady
    That is the biggest Sea Doo boat I have ever seen!!!!!

77charger
    i did a job for a guy yesterday who took a ride in one and he said he was very impressed with the performance and effeciency.Said he is imterested in it.Kwicherbichen also took aride in the same boat the same day he said it was impressive.Sounds like a good concept to me for the heavier boats

Unchained
    I wanna see the test where somebody put a couple in a tunnel hull and put 1500 hp to it.

RiverDave2
    Jet2Riv:
    Testing ??????
    Came across this old post.
    I have had mine installed since late July.
    Dave [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DSCN0059.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/Picture_012.JPG[/img]I'm going to just go out on a limb here. You the other guy making dual drives? Or the guy that originally walked into major brass?
    RD
    [ October 11, 2002, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: RiverDave2 ]