Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The right to refuse???????

bigkatboat
    The opener is ..." if you get pulled over in Az. in your boat or car...." HELLO? "Earth to BOB" I just hope that the 'boaters' here are more aware of HOW THEY BOAT than other boaters. I think we all can relate to 'traffic problems' on the water, and each of us has tried to "ease" the problem. I can tell all of you what you are doing wrong, but I need to know what I am doing wrong, so that I can correct myself. My wife and I took an Az. offered safety course and it was not very "up to date". We got really "neat" certs. to frame, but we really did not learn anything! We really NEEDED MORE INFO!

bigkatboat
    NO YOU JACKASS! Look back at "Nord's first post" The starter of this thread! "boat or car" !!! Get your head out of your ass! I'm responding to issues that are important to all of us, where is your brain? Start picking on someone when you have any idea of what is going on here! Just because you post alot, does not mean you know alot!

Jrocket
    NO YOU JACKASS! Look back at "Nord's first post" The starter of this thread! "boat or car" !!! Get your head out of your ass! I'm responding to issues that are important to all of us, where is your brain? Start picking on someone when you have any idea of what is going on here! Just because you post alot, does not mean you know alot!
    Are you always this way?

bigkatboat
    You guaran....fn..t.. WHAT? You still did not read the first post (starter) of this thread! "boat or car" How stupid do you think everyone is? You F&^%ed up and now you are trying to cover up your mistake. I forgive your errors as I forgive your lack of knowledge. You are the guy who reacts first, and then tries to think about what he did LATER! I'll try to stay out of YOUR WAY on the lake, and I hope you have a lifetime of safe boating. As we all do!

Jordy
    HELLO? "Earth to BOB"
    You know, I think we're all on Earth, so it's not like the Earth is actually calling Bob.
    *bonus points for who can name the movie.

bigkatboat
    So, childish "ShockwaveBob" has sent me a PM. It is 'unkind' to say the least. If I have been, "rambling", and "incoherent", I am truly sorry. But I must say that when "Bob" jumped on me, without reading the first post (opener), I knew that I was in for a 'whipping' from an uninformed source. If I am wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't think so! I have been boating (without incident) on this river since 1969, and I really want to know about the 'new laws' and I don't want to have or cause an accident.

Jrocket
    I'm pretty sure this entire thread has been devoted to licensed highway drivers.
    I really dont see anybody jumping on you here! bigkatboat.

bigkatboat
    Jrocket you did not see the (CS) PM, and YES this is not about my opinions. I don't want to highjack this thing, we all really need good, up to date info. Yes, I'm always this way! I seek the truth, and what do you mean by, "this way", am I not 'kissing enough ass' here? "Bob" said I was wrong about the "cars and boats" thing, and then he asks if I am drinking. He is the one who is incorrect and sends a 'rude' PM, and then I'm told that I'm not being attacked. I think "Bob" is "pretty sure" that he is correct, no matter what the facts are. It's OK, 'cause I'm 'just rambling' (Bob says) and HE is never wrong. Bob does know "more than me" so I guess that's it. How can one person (Bob) turn all of this into an attack on me, when all I wanted to know was the 'separation of car and boat driving'? Bob will you let someone answer?

mike37
    dang this thing went south
    good night every one

RiverDave
    Well... without getting into all the finer points with everyone. I'm just going to post exactly what is written on the back of a lawyers card (Lawyer is in Parker just for reference)
    TO ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER:
    1. I am represented by Attorney Michael Frame,
    (928)669-6565, (928)667-4012 or (928)854-6565
    2. I want to speak with my attorney now.
    3. I do not consent to a search of any kind
    4. I refuse to answer any questions or perform any
    roadside field sobriety test until I speak with my
    attorney.
    The card is flourescent yellow to make it easy to find in the dark.
    I don't drink and drive anymore, but you can bet if I ever did have a beer and roll the boat I'd be handing them this card and keeping my mouth shut all the way to the bank. All my info for the boat is in the anchor locker (which a passenger can get) and the passengers can display to the cops anything they need to see.
    Like I said the smart move is NOT to drink and drive becuase of all the hassles that go with it.. But god forbid you do have a beer or two etc and you get rolled, there's some very over zealous cops out there now days.. (not all, but some) I think I'd play it safe and excersize my rights. 2300 bucks is a small price to pay compared to the alternative.
    RD

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast