Thread: Still getting new snow at Mammoth Mountain...

Mandelon
    Mammoth Mountain Snow Report for Friday, Apr 29
    Mammoth Mountain Snow Report
    Good Morning Skiers and Snowboarders!
    The endless winter continues! Another storm came through and dropped five inches of new snow
    overnight, and a little bird told me there's about eight inches at the top.
    It looks like the storm is over (at least for now) and we have mostly clear skies this morning
    and light winds.
    Wind and weather permitting, we are operating 8 lifts out of Main Lodge today, including Broadway
    Express, Stump Alley Express, Facelift, Thunderbound, Gold Rush, Discovery Chair and the Lower
    and Upper Panorama Gondola. Canyon Lodge and Little Eagle Lodge are now closed for the season.
    Hard to think about going to the snow when the river is warming up....

pixrthis
    Are they open limited because of the amount of people or the snow level?

Mandelon
    Yes. Just the main stuff if open. Little Eagle is closed. Check out their website for full details.

scarabrick2
    Leaving today after work! Should be on the road by 1pm. Boarding(me) sking(wife)all sunday then home monday afternoon.
    thanks for the update
    Rick

Mandelon
    Lucky! One of my friends owns a part interest in a plane and has promised me a ride up next month...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Did you see our pictures last year of the snow in June? They were up near Lake Mary. We are headed up to the area over Memorial Day. Hope most of it's gone by then.

Ziggy
    Lucky! One of my friends owns a part interest in a plane and has promised me a ride up next month...
    Lost a lawyer friend of ours that way. :cry: ......... and my dad was in his plane a few times :supp:

6 Dollar Boat
    From Mammothmountain.com
    Snow Report - Updated: May 6, 2005 9:23 AM
    Good Morning Skiers and Riders!
    It's looking good out there. One foot of fresh snow on the mountain is a great reason to be psyched, right? Mammoth has a crazy base depth of 13-15 feet of snow...and an early morning temperature of 30 degrees at Main Lodge, with light snowfall and moderate winds.
    We're operating nine lifts out of Main Lodge today, including Broadway Express, Stump Alley Express, Face Lift, Thunderbound, Gold Rush, Chair 23, Discovery Chair and the Upper and Lower Panorama Gondola.

beer hunter
    From Mammothmountain.com
    Snow Report - Updated: May 6, 2005 9:23 AM
    Good Morning Skiers and Riders!
    It's looking good out there. One foot of fresh snow on the mountain is a great reason to be psyched, right? Mammoth has a crazy base depth of 13-15 feet of snow...and an early morning temperature of 30 degrees at Main Lodge, with light snowfall and moderate winds.
    We're operating nine lifts out of Main Lodge today, including Broadway Express, Stump Alley Express, Face Lift, Thunderbound, Gold Rush, Chair 23, Discovery Chair and the Upper and Lower Panorama Gondola.
    This is the winter that never ends :mix: