Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat wont run???????

essexjet
    Did you check to see if you're getting full throttle??
    Yea the motor goes up to 4500 rpm but does not go. I run normal up to around 2800-3000rpm and then it stops any forward progress

Foggerjet
    Definately somethin' haywire with the pump, if she spins to 4500 and no-go-no-more. You cant see what's happening between the aft edge of the imp. and the bowl, without pulling the bowl. Open 'er up, my guess is there's something in there. Towel, rope,cat, rocks, something.
    Also, Make sure the reverse bucket is going all the way up, you said the cable broke, Could be something here too.
    fog

BadBahner
    Yea the motor goes up to 4500 rpm but does not go. I run normal up to around 2800-3000rpm and then it stops any forward progress
    My inlaws have a 21' ultra that had similar symptoms. The final outcome was a perfectly sized rock was wedged inbetween the impeller blades.
    Eric

TahitiBBC
    Im having the same problems with boat as well. I can only get 3200 out of her. The weird part is at 3200 im doing 50mph. When the boat is out of the water i can rev her up to 6000. I just bought the boat so i dont know if this is normal or not.

Roc
    Im having the same problems with boat as well. I can only get 3200 out of her. The weird part is at 3200 im doing 50mph. When the boat is out of the water i can rev her up to 6000. I just bought the boat so i dont know if this is normal or not.
    What kind of motor and pump do you have? At 3200 I'm not anywhere close to 50 MPH. I'm not sure you wanna be taking the motor to 6000 rpm's out of the water. If your motor can handle it great, but, I dont' think your pump will handle it very well. Just my dumb ass opinion though.

essexjet
    Do any of you jet boat guru's see anything wrong with the impellar from this pic? Like I said in my first post there is absolutly nothing inside the bowel.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...05100_0933.JPG
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...05100_0934.JPG

Essexjet, that is not your impeller. Those are just the trailing end of the vanes in the bowl. In order to inspect your impeller, start by looking up into the intake from under the boat. That will be the front of the impeller. To see the rear of the impeller you need to remove the bowl from the suction housing. All you have removed in that pic is the steering nozzle adapter.

essexjet
    Essexjet, that is not your impeller. Those are just the trailing end of the vanes in the bowl. In order to inspect your impeller, start by looking up into the intake from under the boat. That will be the front of the impeller. To see the rear of the impeller you need to remove the bowl from the suction housing. All you have removed in that pic is the steering nozzle adapter.
    Thanks alot this is the first time I took this off and dont have a clue of what I'm doing. Can you tell :hammerhea I have looked from underneth and cant see anything wrong for from the inspection plate.

Just read the whole thread and see that you have already looked at the front side from underneath. If possible take and post some pics.
    Your next step will be removing the bowl.

essexjet
    Just read the whole thread and see that you have already looked at the front side from underneath. If possible take and post some pics.
    Your next step will be removing the bowl.
    I am going to get the boat from storage now, be back in a few and post the pics. How difficult is removing the bowel?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast