Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And you thought it couldn't get any worse

4-B
    It is just not right that one day we may have to get a permit to enjoy the channel.

ClownRoyal
    Is this just for Saturdays and Holiday weekends? I can't believe they would be doing Phase One seven days a week. Copper Canyon and the Sandbar are only closed on Holiday weekends. Is City Council so out-of-touch they think Copper Canyon and the Sandbar are closed every weekend? City Coucil sounds like a bunch of wankers that agree with everything LE has to propose. Thank god one guy stood up - Don Clark - and objected to the LE bullsh$t.
    Last Saturday they closed the channel coming in from the South for about an hour. LE McCaleb said "the party atmosphere calmed almost immediately". I call bullsh$t on that one. Of course it is going to look like less partying when there are less boats in the channel. DUH.
    Does the City Council ever wonder that a significant number of home owners in Havasu bought because of the boating? That hotels from April-Sept are full each weekend because of boaters? That a significant amount of people in Havasu make their living on the money spent by boaters? Keep f'n with the boaters and Havasu will be a dried up turd.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Cross post from the other thread that NSF put up:
    Mooring permits certainly does not seem like the way to go. I can only speculate as to what the logic behind the decision is. Perhaps they think by requiring you to purchase your spot this will reduce the number of boats in the channel because some people simply won't pay for it. However, what does that do to boats that just want to traverse the channel? Will they literally restrict access once a certain number of boats is reached? Therefore, not allow another boat in until a nother boat leaves? What about the people that have rooms at the London Brdige Resport and a slip to go with it? Will they be restricted from accessing the channel to get to their slip? Will they have to purchase a "channel pass" to get to their slip? What about someone that has a slip at the marina, will they be froced to go around the island instead of thru the channel to get to it. What if you're getting towed in from upriver and you need to get back to the Nautical or the Marina, do they have to tow you around the island instead of thru the channel? Although towing through the channel is not exactly the best idea IMHO anyway. What about the people that own the condos just south of the bridge? I know they are not guaranteed a beach spot in front of their condos, but what if they want to get back to their condo? Do they need to purchase a channel pass?
    BTW, to all of you with the "Phuck you, it's a big lake, go somwhere else I can do whatever the phuck I want even if it is illegal!" mentality, thanks, that mentality is what is brining this on. Once again, the majority gets screwed because of the actions of the minority.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Last Saturday they closed the channel coming in from the South for about an hour. LE McCaleb said "the party atmosphere calmed almost immediately". I call bullsh$t on that one. Of course it is going to look like less partying when there are less boats in the channel. DUH.
    But if that is what they are trying to curb, then by closing it off, they met their goal, right? Just playing devils advocate here.

ClownRoyal
    Quote from meeting ..."The city then could sell a specified number of permits for a specific numbered position daily, or for a weekend. Unacceptable behavior would be listed on the permit with the penalty for violation being a revocation of the permit.
    An advantage listed for the permits is that boaters then would be able to leave their spot for an excursion and return whenever they would like."
    Step back and think for a moment... How and the hell will permits allow boaters to come and go. Hey honey...lets go for a little excursion and come back to our spot. Give me a fuc$in break. What are we going to do - mark our spots on the channel with spray paint, bouys, noodles anchored with ropes? Is it first come first serve for the good spots and the stragglers will get to setup on the rocks? What happens if someone is in our spot when we return and while smoking weed tell us to fuc$ off? I see fights breaking out already. This is not a solution and it is a waste of the City Councils time to even have to hear about it.

ClownRoyal
    But if that is what they are trying to curb, then by closing it off, they met their goal, right? Just playing devils advocate here.
    Point taken. But people are going to still party and the jerks will still be jerks. You might have just as many jerks in the channel while people like us can't get in.

moneypit
    Here is a RADICAL thought.
    Just OPEN THE SANDBAR back up and releive some of the congestion in the channel.
    THe sandbar was open this weenend and the channel was stuffed to the gils... It wouldnt help...
    One thought to be to limit the time a boat could stay beached. 1 hour max?

Havasu_Dreamin
    Point taken. But people are going to still party and the jerks will still be jerks. You might have just as many jerks in the channel while people like us can't get in.
    True. But if it is only jerks in there, and a limited number of total boats, that is jerks and non-jerks, then the jerks will stand out more and possuibly be dealt with more quickly. Unfortunately, it would be at the expense of those of us that aren't jerks and can't even get in because it is at "capacity".

BoatPI
    I think the way the PD could handle the 2% fools is by using undercover offciers to spot and observe the illegal activity then call in the guys on the ATC's to cite, etc. But like I said, it is a small town , with limited resources. The PD should have more officers to deal with these issues. Butn it is a small and most likley understaffed PD.
    So ask the city council, WHY DO WE NOT HAVE MORE OFFICERS????????????
    They have the money, business/taxes is good. Still no excuse for the fools.
    True the closing of the sandbar and CC at times increases the idiots in the channel, but that is not the falt of anyone except the uncaring classless individuals that ruin it for everyone else. Just listen to some of the garbage rap music being played next to children, with the four letter words clearly spewing out. How shallow are some that they think this is somehow cool to add to their persona.

Phat Matt
    Please do not get rid of pasties. :lightsabe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast