Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And you thought it couldn't get any worse

Beer-30
    This is starting to remind me of high-school. When the weekend parties would get too large out at our favorite spot, the cops would come and everone scattered.
    Then....a new spot would take shape and everone started going there. Then, after several months, that got busted. So, all would either find yet another new spot or just go back to the old one since all was 'quiet' for awhile.
    Yay though I agree that it sucks, it just means alot of peeps may need to find an area or two out in the "country" areas of the lake and let the channel cool down.
    More floatillas.

BoatPI
    Beer-30 you are correct, but this type of conduct should never take place in the channel. THIS IS OUR CITY PARK, NOT the sandbar, or cattail cove, or any other remote location.
    This is a family environment, or suppose to be one. And this is why the city is involved. They should be involved as it can be a wild place at times, not condusive to good tourism or a family frendly place.

OutCole'd
    Beer-30 you are correct, but this type of conduct should never take place in the channel. THIS IS OUR CITY PARK, NOT the sandbar, or cattail cove, or any other remote location.
    This is a family environment, or suppose to be one. And this is why the city is involved. They should be involved as it can be a wild place at times, not condusive to good tourism or a family frendly place.
    Totally agree. More LE, stiffer fines would be the answer.

Not So Fast
    Is this just for Saturdays and Holiday weekends? I can't believe they would be doing Phase One seven days a week. Copper Canyon and the Sandbar are only closed on Holiday weekends. Is City Council so out-of-touch they think Copper Canyon and the Sandbar are closed every weekend? City Coucil sounds like a bunch of wankers that agree with everything LE has to propose. Thank god one guy stood up - Don Clark - and objected to the LE bullsh$t.
    Last Saturday they closed the channel coming in from the South for about an hour. LE McCaleb said "the party atmosphere calmed almost immediately". I call bullsh$t on that one. Of course it is going to look like less partying when there are less boats in the channel. DUH.
    Does the City Council ever wonder that a significant number of home owners in Havasu bought because of the boating? That hotels from April-Sept are full each weekend because of boaters? That a significant amount of people in Havasu make their living on the money spent by boaters? Keep f'n with the boaters and Havasu will be a dried up turd.
    YES AND YES to some of the city council being out of touch, one member and I can't say her name, Cindy Aldridge, made a comment that on Saturday that she believed the CO readings were because of all the really big boats in the channel (The Poker Runners) and that thier exhaust was the reason for the high readings :messedup: how many were in there maybe 10? The CO level is high because of the sheer number of boats you dolt!! :messedup: She also wondered about the size limit in the channel, this is a city council member that doesn't even know about the lifting of the size limit so that the very boats that brought all the people out to see them and all the money spent by these people could show off thier fantastic equipment. What a dunce, this is the mentality we are dealing with believe it At least Don Clark is in tune with reality although the channel permits thing is an awful idea. NSF

Ziggy
    What happens if someone is in our spot when we return and while smoking weed tell us to fuc$ off? I see fights breaking out already. .
    Exactly my thought---if they don't have the personel to currently enforce how the hell do they expect to stave off the numerous arguments that will happen because of permitted vs. parking poachers.
    The channal is convenient for all to reach as apposed to the outlying spots like sandbar and copper.
    For me the channal is a place I will visit for a short period and then go about my merry way. I couldn't sit there and party all day, gets old fast IMO.

Beer-30
    Woooah. Easy guys. I agree. I guess what I meant was, the partying is going to happen. If the wild-ness needs to happen for certain peeps, they can venture off for a boat ride and gather elsewhere for awhile.
    The part about it that sucks is the out of control people who are making LE do their job. I have gone there for years and never had a problem. We just sit around in chairs or on the swimstep and have some beverages and chill. Never even been looked at by LE.
    I'm all for having a good time, but the surroundings have to be respected. I'm just saying take the out of control stuff; bongs, full-nudity, huge stereos, and go hang in Steamboat (unless houseboats are there) for example and let her rip. No people walking by with dogs. Children playing on swings, that kinda stuff. That's all.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Absolutely agree. Stiffen the penalties. From what I understand, most of the arrests in the channel are misdemeanors, pay a fine, and be on your way. I guess most of the arrests are for disorderly conduct. As soon as the people that do get arrested for public nudity are charged with public nudity, which results in registering as a sex offender for the rest of your life, I bet that problem will go away.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I'm all for having a good time, but the surroundings have to be respected. I'm just saying take the out of control stuff; bongs, full-nudity, huge stereos, and go hang in Steamboat (unless houseboats are there) for example and let her rip. No people walking by with dogs. Children playing on swings, that kinda stuff. That's all.
    Naw, go hang in Copper. Steamboat has traditionally been the family place whereas Copper has been the party spot.

Beer-30
    Naw, go hang in Copper. Steamboat has traditionally been the family place whereas Copper has been the party spot.
    Twas just an example.
    Let's just say, "an outlying secluded location other than the channel".

ClownRoyal
    Absolutely agree. Stiffen the penalties. From what I understand, most of the arrests in the channel are misdemeanors, pay a fine, and be on your way. I guess most of the arrests are for disorderly conduct. As soon as the people that do get arrested for public nudity are charged with public nudity, which results in registering as a sex offender for the rest of your life, I bet that problem will go away.
    The only arrests I ever see in the channel is for under-age drinking. I very rarely see arrests for disorderly conduct.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast