Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dad arrested after protesting 'gay' book!

NOTALENT
    Regardless of your standing on gays, the goverment practically forcing kids to accept it as normal and even promoting it is just unacceptable. Government school should teach academics, nothing else.
    BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS
    Dad arrested after protesting 'gay' book
    'Our parental requests for our own child were flat-out denied'
    Posted: April 29, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern
    © 2005 WorldNetDaily.com
    A father who protested a pro-homosexual book his 6-year-old son had been given in school spent a night in jail after being arrested by police.
    David Parker, 42, confronted officials at Joseph Estabrook School in Lexington, Mass., Wednesday after his son brought home a copy of "Who's in a Family,'' a storybook that includes characters who are homosexual parents, the Boston Herald reported.
    According to the report, Parker refused to leave a meeting after Lexington Superintendent Bill Hurley rejected his request that he be notified when his son is exposed to any discussion about same-sex households as part of classroom instruction.
    Police arrested Parker for trespassing and he spent a night in jail before posting a $1,000 personal surety, Boston's WCVB-TV reported.
    "Our parental requests for our own child were flat-out denied,'' Parker said in a statement.
    Parker said school officials have continued to tell him he has no right to control whether or not his child is taught about same-sex marriage.
    "What I am saying is, because of the same-sex marriage law, people are treating it as a mandate to teach the youngest of children. It is not a mandate to teach the youngest of children, particularly if parents say, 'Hold on, I want to be the gatekeeper of the information. It is not that I don't want my child to ever learn it, it is I want to control the timing and manner,'" Parker told the TV station.
    Brian Camenker, director of the traditional-values organization Article 8 Alliance, told the Herald Parker also asked that his son be pulled from discussions involving homosexuality that arise spontaneously.
    According to the Lexington Minuteman, Parker spoke at a school committee meeting Tuesday and complained that schools have "unfettered ... access to children's psyches."
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=44026

IN2-IN2MX
    I should be up to the parents to decide when, where, why, etc., not the school system.

NOTALENT
    Exactly.. They should just teach academics and stick to that. Especially on somthing like this, you would have to know the parents are going to have mixed thoughts. They should have at least ran it by them.

lucky
    I eventually want my kids to know about homosexuals, but I think that 6 is too young (like they even care at that age) and I think it should be up to the parents to educate them on such topics.
    yea -- wait till he's at least old enough to read "bench racing "

BoatPI
    I bet Bill OReilly will be talking about this tonight.

lucky
    I heard this was promted by neverland ranch :jawdrop:

RiverDave
    When in our society did it become PC to be gay? That shit shouldn't be in public schools period point blank. I don't care if other people want to live there lifestyle that way, but "encouraging" it and making it "the norm" is a little out of my beliefs..
    RD

NOTALENT
    When in our society did it become PC to be gay? That shit shouldn't be in public schools period point blank. I don't care if other people want to live there lifestyle that way, but "encouraging" it and making it "the norm" is a little out of my beliefs..
    RD
    Well said RD...there trying to embrace it, which infact is gonna lead the kids to believe its O.K!!

Jbb
    RD
    Dammit ...lol...If I only had access to my pictures right now....

Tom Brown
    This Parker guy should keep his children out of Bench Racers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast