Thread: spectas only !!!

hoolign
    you appear to have a good knowledge of most boats out there what is your opinion on a 1989 glaston carlston jet 460 ford berk pump 23.5'{sport deluxe} in near mint shape for 12,000 CDN.

spectras only
    Hooligan, 12.000 for a 23 footer in mint shape is a good deal.The popularity of the glastrons faded a bit ,because of the heavy metalflakes they were famous for.Art Carlson was way ahead of everybody else with bottom designs [pad bottoms]to make his boats going fast.As I mentioned in an earlier post,there was a 23 Scimitar for sale for 15.000 with a 350 Chev/sterndrive also a good deal [future collectable,James Bond special].I new a guy about 20 years ago with an 18/9 footer with a small block sterndrive could keep up with any of the BB jets.Look for cracks on the finish,if you don't see any,go ahead with the purchase.

rstover1
    Hooligan My brother and my dad have 21 Glastron jets they are quick carlson had an awsome bottom design they went fast without tons of hp. Also I've heard that the 23 footer got out of the water even better the are a quality boat and they ride really well in rough water

hoolign
    thanx for the advice i'm going to take it for a run tommorow another quick question i was told it sold for 63,000 in 89,does this sound like b.s.?

spectras only
    Ask them to produce a sales receipt http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif.The only outrageous price I remember was on a one of, 23 Cobalt with gold plated fittings sitting on a fancy tandem trailer at the Vancouver boatshow.It was listed at 75000cdn in the eighties http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif
    [This message has been edited by spectras only (edited July 29, 2001).]

BADAXE
    Originally posted by hoolign:
    thanx for the advice i'm going to take it for a run tommorow another quick question i was told it sold for 63,000 in 89,does this sound like b.s.?
    No, 63,000 yen sounds about right. But, if that is dollars (even cdn) then yes it's B.S. with a capitol B.S.

CV-23
    The CV-23's sold for $23,000 in 1988....Its a B.S. price you've been givin. It could be a CSS-23 and they were more money but not that much in 1989....Mike.