Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a boat off the trailer (no water needed!!)

Tahiti350
    Here is how I removed my Tahiti from the trailer. I needed the trailer to haul another hull home. I am not recommending this method for the faint of heart!!! Was finally able to look at the bottom while it is up, and definately need to flip it this winter. Probably losing a couple of MPH from the crappy repairs someone did before I bought it.
    Here's how I lifted it:
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...266Hanging.JPG
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...anging_out.JPG
    I lowered the trailer tongue as low as I could (which raised the stern), attached the stern straps, raised the toungue back up, ran the bow straps, rolled the trailer out, and finally strung the belly strap and corner ties. Coming down will be done in reverse. Hopefully with no loud crash involved!!!!

Big Proppa
    Although I'm a little impressed - I will be sending this photo to blue collar TV

JetBoatRich
    Looks like it worked :supp:

WYRD
    GET-ER-DONE

h2oski2fast
    Although I'm a little impressed - I will be sending this photo to blue collar TV
    Had to sell the trailer to get the little woman something for our annaversary. Can't wait till flood season, that way I can use my boat again.

Tahiti350
    Anytime there's 9 cars in the picture of somebody's property, you can rest assured there will be a boat strapped to something holding it off the ground.
    Hey now, I only count 6 in the picture :argue: ..... the others are either in the garage or out in the back yard killing weeds !!!!
    What you can't see are: '75 Dodge 4x4 (in garage), '80 something Toyota lowrider (storing for a friend--weed killer), the 4 motorcycles and the 30' 5th wheel. Car #9 is another '64 Galaxie that's still at my folks place waiting to be hauled in on a trailer :cry:, AND the reason the boat is off the trailer is to get another boat. :hammer2:
    Damn, I am a RedNeck :jawdrop: !!!

Perfect Mixer
    Anytime there's 9 cars in the picture of somebody's property, you can rest assured there will be a boat strapped to something holding it off the ground.
    Especially when theres mopars involved!

jmm
    Im more impressed you have a Hot Rod motor hooked to one of those junk OMC outdrives. Those things shear off splines with a four banger..... :sqeyes: :messedup:

MagicMtnDan
    That's a very clever solution. Be sure to take an "AFTER" picture after those 4x4 posts break and the whole thing comes down like a house of cards

Tahiti350
    That's a very clever solution. Be sure to take an "AFTER" picture after those 4x4 posts break and the whole thing comes down like a house of cards
    Okay MMD, I'll bite... How would YOU have gotten the boat off the trailer. Before you answer consider that I am career Air Force enlisted, with child support, house, truck, and 5th wheel payments, wife and kid, no access to heavy equipment to lift it, and no marina's to leave it at if I floated it off. I know it's redneck, but I made due with what I had available (and thought others might be interested in seeing this), and did it as safely as I could under the circumstances (ORM for any of you Safety/HR people out there). The carport is over built, 4x4 uprights in concrete footings, stringers are double 2x8 with 4x4 sandwiched between them, and it didn't flex under the load. I also said I wouldn't recommend it for the faint of heart, but given the alterative (not getting a nice jet equipped hull for next to nothing) I thought it was pretty slick.
    Your idea's???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast