Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Put-up or get put out of the Channel

Wet Dream
    Should of used spell check :hammerhea
    I got what you were try to imply, but it rescinding. :messedup:
    And you should have checked your use of words as well.
    Should of??? Perhaps "should've" or "should have".

KACHINA KEN
    It's closed because a couple of over testosteroned vatos thought it would be a good idea to stab someone to death, I am willing to bet the farm they weren't boat owners.

Kachina26
    It's closed because a couple of over testosteroned vatos thought it would be a good idea to stab someone to death, I am willing to bet the farm they weren't boat owners.
    WTF???? Please elaborate.............

wantacat
    WTF???? Please elaborate.............
    I heard about this to. It happened a couple years ago. Some guy stabbed some guy to death at the sandbar. It was so crowded, LEO's could not get in and nobody was moving out of the way. It took so long to get to the victim he died. Thats all I know, someone correct me or add more info...

KACHINA KEN
    That is correct. The Sand Bar is some 15 miles out of the city limits. When Sheriff Sheehan proposed, and the Mohave County Board of Supervisors approved the closure, you can bet he wasn't taking any marchng orders or other input from The City of Lake Havasu.
    They had absolutely nothing to do with it.
    So, if you want anything done you must appeal to these folk ci?
    http://www.co.mohave.az.us/MCSO/Default.htm

KACHINA KEN
    And has anyone ever thought of the notion that they may want the sandbar to stay shutdown to keep lots of commerce in the channel area? It's not really that far of a stretch is it.

dc96819
    Whether you put it out to be critiqued or not doesn't matter. I have worked for local government for many years and can tell you that spelling and grammar do make a difference. If you write a letter that has spelling and grammar mistakes that could have been avoided by any third grader with a dictionary, I promise that your opinion will be given about the same amount of consideration that a third grader would receive. The words in your letter sounded well thought out. Now that you have been armed with the information from boatcop, you can rewrite the letter to ask them to make the request from Mohave and use spellcheck and maybe you will get the consideration that you feel you deserve. Notice I didn't identify any specifics, not trying to critique your spelling. Just advising you to critique your own before you send it to someone whom you expect to give it official consideration.
    Government should spend more time on serious issues

6 Dollar Boat
    Thank you, but I didn't put this out there to have my spelling or grammar critiqued.
    So Put up or Shut up. They need to hear all of our opinions!
    The spelling and grammar are important, as soon as I see you used "our" instead of "are" I get distracted from the point you are trying to make...I'm just trying to help you, and appreciate your effort.

mickeyfinn
    Government should spend more time on serious issues
    Whether it is right or not decision making in government just like in business is done by those with power. Power is associated with education and bad spelling and grammar don't indicate either. :2purples:

Kachina26
    The spelling and grammar is important,
    Yes, they is!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast