Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Put-up or get put out of the Channel

INSman
    It wasn't meant as a personal "slam", just when writing letters, like it or not, you are judged by your spelling or grammer. I will be putting up rather than shutting up :coffeycup
    Randy, I think you meant to type "Grammar" !!??

INSman
    Yes, they is!
    Wrong again, "Yes they be" would be mostest correct !! :hammerhea

Rod-64
    WTF???? Please elaborate.............
    It seems to me that when MTV did their show out here some years ago, a lot of people feel that was the turning point for the problems in Havasu.
    I could be wrong............maybe it was a matter of time when you get so many people together in any setting there's always going to be the few who go nuts and screw it up for everyone.

Wicky
    In some circumstances they (Lake Havasu City) already do. When the CO level rises above the unhealthy level they can and do close the channel.
    While the County has the jurisdiction to do so, as they are responsible for Public Health in the entire County, (including inside the City Limits) they advise the City and let them make the decision, since the Channel area is completely within the City limits.
    As far as Public Safety and adherence to existing laws, as opposed to just Public Health, that responsibility would fall completely to the City. Although other Agencies such as Mohave County, Arizona Game and Fish, and the Coast Guard, can and do enforce laws within the channel, they also would leave any closure or restriction decisions to the City authorities.
    Whenever there is a big rain storm in SoCal and the sewage is draining into the ocean the signs go up to say Water is unsafe for swimming enter at own risk. I think this is ample warning to all. If you still want to surf, have at it.
    The disclaimer has been posted. Why can't they do this in the channel regarding the CO2 levels. Oh yeah, I forgot suicide is illegal too.

Jrocket
    Whenever there is a big rain storm in SoCal and the sewage is draining into the ocean the signs go up to say Water is unsafe for swimming enter at own risk. I think this is ample warning to all. If you still want to surf, have at it.
    The disclaimer has been posted. Why can't they do this in the channel regarding the CO2 levels. Oh yeah, I forgot suicide is illegal too.
    I would assume that its because the toxins going into the ocean will make you very sick at the most and might be somewhat able to see in the water,trash,debris and such.The CO2 levels aren't visible to the eye or nose and can be deadly very quickly.
    Plus we all know there would be that one guy that cant speak or read English and walk right past the sign not getting the clue that the channel is vacant but still swim...just my thoughts though.

Wicky
    I would assume that its because the toxins going into the ocean will make you very sick at the most and might be somewhat able to see in the water,trash,debris and such.The CO2 levels aren't visible to the eye or nose and can be deadly very quickly.
    Plus we all know there would be that one guy that cant speak or read English and walk right past the sign not getting the clue that the channel is vacant but still swim...just my thoughts though.
    Hepatitis makes you more than sick.
    Yes, but from what was conveyed from an earlier post there is more CO2 in the middle of the 10 freeway during rush hour than there has ever been in the channel. I guess a canary in the coal mine is the best biometer for the channel.

shueman
    It seems to me that when MTV did their show out here some years ago, a lot of people feel that was the turning point for the problems in Havasu.
    I could be wrong............maybe it was a matter of time when you get so many people together in any setting there's always going to be the few who go nuts and screw it up for everyone.
    I think your right....plus the Travel Channel....

Jrocket
    Hepatitis makes you more than sick.
    Yes, but from what was conveyed from an earlier post there is more CO2 in the middle of the 10 freeway during rush hour than there has ever been in the channel. I guess a canary in the coal mine is the best biometer for the channel.
    True Hepatitis is very bad.I never read the part about the 10 freeway deal but then again I dont see any fun standing in the middle of the freeway either.I see your point though.
    I dont spend much time in the channel,more on Parker than anywhere else and that time is usually floatinf or at Foxesbut...I would rather they come up with a solution to where people can still enjoy the channel than shut it down all together.Instead of a canary,how about we use pigeons,they aint worth a shit anyway.

Wicky
    Next thing, stadium supercross will be illegal because one or two people died from C02 poisoning.

Jrocket
    Next thing, stadium supercross will be illegal because one or two people died from C02 poisoning.
    It would only take one death to do it,but they have very large ventilation systems and they only have races in stadiums that can aquire such a race.Its the high price ticket sales that will kill off the attendance first!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast