Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pump loader

jstwkd
    Does anyone run a loader in thier pump?Ihave a 12Jg.Was thinking of having one installed before putting in boat.New pump and I just had the pump flowed.Pump has never seen water.Another $300

HBjet
    What you are talking about is a cavatation reducer. First off, what kind of boat do you have, and what power? I would suggest if you do decide to get one, get your monies worth, and buy one from Jack at MPD in Costa Mesa. There $385 each but you will get what you pay for because that extra 85 bucks will make a night and day difference between one you would get else where verses one he works for you, so it actually does what it is suppose to do, reduce cavatation, not induce. I will see if I can get a photo of a worked one up here, but in the mean time, I would call Jack and talk to him because he can better explain this.
    MPD (Marine Performance Designs)
    (949) 631-2040
    HBjet
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited April 02, 2002).]

jstwkd
    I was at CP Performance and looking at the pump cut away and saw a piece of alum. in front of the impellor.Ithought he called it some sort of loader.I just bought one of thier new 12G-I pumps.My boat is an 89 carribean biulding a 600hp motor.GM 502 I was just wondering if this will help my speed? http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Read...ats/Boat_3.JPG

HBjet
    It wouldn't help with speed, but it will help mostly when your stabbing the gas out of the hole, and it will help keep the impeller loaded. For top end you wouldn't see a difference.
    HBjet
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited April 02, 2002).]

jstwkd
    HBjet,Thanks for the info. wkd

ChetCapoli
    get your money's worth HB?? I forgot with your vast knowledge of the majority of pumps and builders out there nobody seems to do it like your shop. Dont bother mentioning Dons pump service now(maybe he massages it for less?), you know the guy who INVENTED the product? (614)488-1335.
    Chet"on the donut payroll" Capoli
    P.S. Are you going to tell me about this bet or what?

Hydro-Thunder
    Chet I agree with you on alot of things but not the way you say it! If you have a shop to recommend, recommend it and quit antagonixing HBjet. It starts a very long drawn out battle that helps no one. And yes I do run an Aggressor impeller and like it very much.

mister460
    No way!! I run a Jacuzzi YJ and it's better than EVERYTHING!!! Even that jet powered jet boat on www.gas-turbines.com (http://www.gas-turbines.com) ! Sheesh, CNC'd custom pump? No way! Get yourself a Golden Eagle baby!
    If you can't notice the sarcasm in my post you need serious therapy.

Doug The Jeweler
    Originally posted by Hydro-Thunder:
    Chet I agree with you on alot of things but not the way you say it! If you have a shop to recommend, recommend it and quit antagonixing HBjet. It starts a very long drawn out battle that helps no one. And yes I do run an Aggressor impeller and like it very much.
    HB deserves it

HavasuDreamin'
    Well, well, well, more bull shit on the boards. Don't listen to these guys HBJET! Keep on keepin on!
    HD -OUT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast