Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mag Bronze impeller/ bronze wear ring?

scott williams
    Hey, Anybody got an opinion on materials compatibility?, Jeff at Aggressor thought I should run a steel ring (stainless) on a mag bronze impeller, and/ or a bronze ring on a stainless impeller, But I recieved a bronze ring with my mag bronze impeller? The main idea seemed to be that IF the two similar metals happen to touch, they will seize, seems on the other hand, IF they touch I have bigger problems!
    Thanks,
    Scott.

jdf
    hey there scott so how is lake dirty bird ,,,,,i'm thinking jeff may be right

scott williams
    Just waiting for the water to warm up a little more. Yeah, Jeff's solidly "in the Know"!

Jet Hydro

Jake W2
    They have been runing SS ware rings with SS imps for years no problems.
    Jake

steelcomp
    They have been runing SS ware rings with SS imps for years no problems.
    Jake

scott williams
    where do I buy one?, Hey Steel, I just read a long thread about Taylorman's impeller question. I'm not sure I got the right impression, Does my brand new mag bronze Aggressor impeller have a bad rep?

Jet Hydro
    Duane from Hi-TechPerformance has them.
    His site is www.HI-TechPerformance.com
    or you can just call him at (316)794-8616.
    I run a mag bronze impeller with an Ultimate Ware ring, I haven't had any problem what so ever in 3 years.

steelcomp
    where do I buy one?, Hey Steel, I just read a long thread about Taylorman's impeller question. I'm not sure I got the right impression, Does my brand new mag bronze Aggressor impeller have a bad rep?
    Among certain people, absolutely. As for me, I have never had any personal experience with any of their products, but I've seen first hand, and heard second hand, of enough of their products failing for no reason except for what appeared to be poor quality control or manufacturing, that given the choice, I personally would neither use nor endorse their products. Please keep what I said in context. There are also a lot of their products out there that seem to work very well...you need to be your own judge. :coffeycup

ChetCapoli
    The main idea seemed to be that IF the two similar metals happen to touch, they will seize, seems on the other hand, IF they touch I have bigger problems!
    The only reason there would be any seizure at all is if your clearances were not correct and if you ran in very sandy or silty conditions with it. Beware of the plastic rings pictured......it's like a knife thru butter and would make a mess of your suction housing if something lets loose. No protection like a brass one gives you. Dont work very well in sandy areas either from what i gather. The lipped brass ring like what you have is the way to go.
    CHET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast