Thread: Because I don't feel like doing the research

HCS
    Maybe someone on here knows.
    I have some really cool, rare, one of a kind music cuts on cassette tape.
    These are not to be found anywhere, and I want to put them on CD.
    Some of them are live recordings that are of excellant quality. I don't want to loose them.
    How do I do it?
    I won't name the bands or how I came across them.
    But if I can get them on CD, I'll share.

Phat Matt
    Audio out from your stereo (with cassette) to line in or mic jack on your pc. Use an audio recording program like Sound Forge or similar to record, clean up, and burn the track to cd.

Tom Brown
    I have used my mp3 player to do just that. I have a Samsung Yepp.
    If you have an iPod, that would be better. All you need is a cable and you can connect into the headphone output of your casette deck.
    Alternately, you can sample it into your PC using using the Windows audio recording tool and then convert the .WAV file to MP3 (if that's your goal) using LAME.
    I use to have a piece of software that was designed for sampling in records. It was able to automatically determine the song gaps and it had some noise reduction and pop suppression features. That was a few years ago and I sampled that stuff in, converted it, and haven't looked back.

HCS
    Audio out from your stereo (with cassette) to line in or mic jack on your pc. Use an audio recording program like Sound Forge or similar to record, clean up, and burn the track to cd.
    So I need to purchase an audio recording progam for my computer and I should be ready to go?
    I have everything else I need. I think.
    Is Sound Forge a popular software program I can pick up just about anywhere?

WYRD
    Not to steal your thread but how do you convert a WMA file to a MP3 file. I am using Windows meida player and I also have Sonic Stage.

HCS
    I have used my mp3 player to do just that. I have a Samsung Yepp.
    If you have an iPod, that would be better. All you need is a cable and you can connect into the headphone output of your casette deck.
    Alternately, you can sample it into your PC using using the Windows audio recording tool and then convert the .WAV file to MP3 (if that's your goal) using LAME.
    I use to have a piece of software that was designed for sampling in records. It was able to automatically determine the song gaps and it had some noise reduction and pop suppression features. That was a few years ago and I sampled that stuff in, converted it, and haven't looked back.
    Ok, I recorded these tapes off of a Kenwood cassette deck. This was a really good unit in it's time. But it took a shit. So, I haven't any cassette deck.
    I have to start over. So I need to purchase what kind of cassette deck to make this work?
    Most cost effective ofcourse>>>.

JetBoatRich
    I have to start over. So I need to purchase what kind of cassette deck to make this work?
    Most cost effective ofcourse>>>.
    I would think anyone with a L and R output