Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lake powel Questions

cdog
    So it looks like the weather sucks up there for the next week. Isolated thunderstorms and 20-40% rain. I did a mapquest and it gives me directions to go through vegas to zion national park. Is it better to go through 15 to the 40 to flagstaff then to the 89 to page? We're launching out of waheap.

MsDrmr
    the thunder/lightening storms are the best....they are so beautiful to watch.

Parker
    I heard gas on the lake was around 6.00 per gallon is this true??

phebus
    It is better to go the Vegas way. The trip the 40 way is a long uphill haul. Don't go through Zion though, get off before Zion (I forgot the off ramp).

cdog
    It is better to go the Vegas way. The trip the 40 way is a long uphill haul. Don't go through Zion though, get off before Zion (I forgot the off ramp).
    Its 54 more miles to go the 40 route. Does anyone know the before zion?

tamalewagon
    It's a huge lake so the weather reports are a little misleading. You should PM Titties and Beer...not many know the lake like he does.

dirty old man
    Go thru Mesquite, turn right just past St George, then look for the right hand turn in Hurricane. Be careful, the sign is small and a tree is close by. If you miss the turn off in Hurricane you WILL go thru Zion.

phebus
    Its 54 more miles to go the 40 route. Does anyone know the before zion?
    Our typical way to go (before the boat was in Havasu) was to go the 15 and spend the night in Mesquite, and then get up early the next morning, and head to the lake. If you go through Zion, there is a tunnel, with size restrictions, so a boat is not good to tow through there. I will look up the exit we take, and let you know if someone doesn't post it first. Don't go the 40 way. It is a longer haul, mostly uphill, and eats up more gas. It is a good way to come home though. Come home that way, and overnight at Havasu and add another day of boating to your trip.

AzLakeLizard
    So it looks like the weather sucks up there for the next week. Isolated thunderstorms and 20-40% rain. I did a mapquest and it gives me directions to go through vegas to zion national park. Is it better to go through 15 to the 40 to flagstaff then to the 89 to page? We're launching out of waheap.
    Vegas to St George to Hurricane... Zion would take you a bit longer.. to Colorado City to Fredonia to Kanab to Page.

AzLakeLizard
    I heard gas on the lake was around 6.00 per gallon is this true??
    Gas prices on the lake at wahweap $2.99

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast