Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 460 Ford Motor Mount Problem. Help!

Mighty Thor
    Thanks Guys, I have had trouble getting onto the site from my home computer so this comes from the office. I have had to completely rebuild the entire mount system. Half of it is hand made by someone. Anyhow, I have made a backing plate to bolt to the stringers and tack welded the mounts to the plate and will trial fit everything tonight. Only question I still have, on mine there was a bar that runs under the oilpan, between the two mounts. This has been added. Is it necessary? Do the mounts tend to move around or can I cut this bar out? I have had the engine in and out 5 times in one day and it is making me tired. Again, I will try to provide pics shortly

Hydro-Thunder
    The mount is exactly what you need. The upper is the wrong one though. The bar connecting the two are stock and it looks like someone welded the spacers in instead of fitting after the engine is set.
    Jesse

ssanddemon
    Hmm, I don't have a bar going under the pan... I'd like to see pics of that. Maybe a good idea, I'm pushing a few more ponies than stock; can you get a picture of it, Thor?
    Sorry you're having problems, it's a real workout getting the motor sitting just right. I had mine in and out a few times during the trial fitting as well.

mirrorimage
    i have a strap going from one hull mount to the other .. i think it was there because it didnt have full stringers in the boat but i havnt cut the rotten floor out to look to see for sure... the strap wont let me put a 10qt pan on so im in for a little fabbin to keep the stringers together .. :idea:

Mighty Thor
    Hmm, I don't have a bar going under the pan... I'd like to see pics of that. Maybe a good idea, I'm pushing a few more ponies than stock; can you get a picture of it, Thor?
    Sorry you're having problems, it's a real workout getting the motor sitting just right. I had mine in and out a few times during the trial fitting as well.
    I decided that to do this right I was going to have to start basically from scratch so I cut up the mounts that I have and have started to build my own. Pictures will follow or you can see them on the classic Glastron site now. anyhow, here is a picture of the mounts in the boat before I started. Problem is that you cant pull the risers out unless you unbolt the L brackets from the stringer first. This will be remedied in my rebuild.http://www.classicglastron.com/messa..._Enginbay1.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12