Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nordskog Info Needed!

vdriver4ever
    Billy,
    have you started your creative juices flowing yet? How do you doll this boat up and not ruin the great lines?

ColeTR1
    Thanks for all the help Cole,
    My boat is a 1971 and the hull is #17.
    The boat originally had rails that ran up past the motor. It also has a cool water pickup set up built into the strut.
    The boat was built for a racer in Argentina but once he found out the duty tax was more then the boat he declined it. At that time Bob N. sold the boat to Skip Miller.
    Please keep all the info coming.
    I'm going to scan all the pictures Ted has and post them. The water pick-ups was done like that on the boats ted work on to. He said they had two water pick-up in the strut. The prop shaft was 1" and then taperd down to 7/8 on the wip strut.

Dave Sammons
    I'm going to scan all the pictures Ted has and post them.
    That would be fantastic!!

superdave013
    I guess you don't really need an up pedal in those boats!
    REALLY REALLY cool boat. I don't think I've ever seen one in person.

dmontzsta
    Not knowing much about these boats, I would like to know what were they used for?

Michael Minegar
    D. These boats were long distance marathon boats. They looked alot like a Mandella from the deck down. Tons of flare in the front to keep the drivers dry. The needle nose was somewhat a sign of the times. Aqua-Craft and a few other manufactures were putting that nose on different models. These boats are fun to drive because they take the rough water and gobble it. They were very heavy and stable. The first time I drove this thing it scared the hell outta me. I went to turn it slowly and without much throttle and it just went straight. I tried several times and it didnt make any difference. I brought it back to shore and asked my Dad what I might be donig wrong. He laughed and said "let me drive it". So I did and he went out and turned it and layed on the go button and the thing turned on a dime. My brother can't wait to get this thing done and it looks like Dave is the guy. Can't wait to see it done and to drive it again.

vdriver4ever
    Mike,
    It will be wayyyyyyyyyy to nice to let you drive it again... hehe

superdave013
    Not knowing much about these boats, I would like to know what were they used for?
    Donnie, you should school yourself up on Bob Nordskog. He was quite the guy. You name it and he raced it! You will find it quite interesting.

steelcomp
    D. These boats were long distance marathon boats. They looked alot like a Mandella from the deck down. Tons of flare in the front to keep the drivers dry. The needle nose was somewhat a sign of the times. Aqua-Craft and a few other manufactures were putting that nose on different models. These boats are fun to drive because they take the rough water and gobble it. They were very heavy and stable. The first time I drove this thing it scared the hell outta me. I went to turn it slowly and without much throttle and it just went straight. I tried several times and it didnt make any difference. I brought it back to shore and asked my Dad what I might be donig wrong. He laughed and said "let me drive it". So I did and he went out and turned it and layed on the go button and the thing turned on a dime. My brother can't wait to get this thing done and it looks like Dave is the guy. Can't wait to see it done and to drive it again.
    Here's one of those Mandella's.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...29mandella.jpg
    This boat won the Long Beach GP one year, and I'd love to be able to find some history on it. The owner's grandson (who's father drove the boat) has it now, and you're right, Michael. You can't pussy-foot around with steering one of these, and they're really not happy unless the plate's up, and they're on the tail! This has 1 1/8 shaft and rudder, and the water pick up in the strut as well. Not only did the flair in the front keep the driver dry, but it'd drown anyone along side!
    Didn't mean to hijack the thread....sorry!

vdriver4ever
    That's a cool looking boat and definately has some of the Nordskog look.
    Does any one know of any other Nordskogs that are still around?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast