Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS Prop exust hub or smaller hub

Jake W2
    Witch do you guys perfer since the exuast exits out the transom and not the drive dont see why I would need a big hub style prop.
    And I am thinking a Mazco 4 blade not sure of the pitch yet need to run the boat some more.
    Jake

bordsmnj
    how big a boat an how many HP? i don't think i'd run a small hub type prop on a bravo if for no other reason than the way that the outdrive itself is shaped..it's shape sames to blend with that big hub. i'm no expert though.

Jake W2
    Its on a 03 Baja 20 Outlaw it has an alfa MPI 5.0 motor and drive 260 hp runs a 23 pitch prop.I was thinking about a 22 pitch 4 blade Mazco ?
    Jake

Quality Time
    Its on a 03 Baja 20 Outlaw it has an alfa MPI 5.0 motor and drive 260 hp runs a 23 pitch prop.I was thinking about a 22 pitch 4 blade Mazco ?
    Jake
    Save your money. Props with smaller hubs are typically used in outboard applications not outdrives. If I'm not mistaken they are for surface piercing applications (high X dimension). Save your money and enjoy what you have. If you are not already switch to a SS prop.

Jake W2
    Yea I am for sure going to get a SS prop just need to figure out witch one to get.
    10 4 on the smaller hub outboard and off shore with #6s .
    Jake

bordsmnj
    i don't know if bravos and alphas have the same size shaft but i have a 20"threeblade marage in perfect condition for sale

Jake W2
    Does it have the center hub you can take out like the new props?
    Jake

bordsmnj
    yes it does. your not gonna sell that gullwing project for 4500 are you?!?!?!lol. i wouldn't sell it. i'd sell the baja before i dumped the gull wing. baja's will always be there..blah,blah,blah. if you want this prop be warned it not gonna be a skier puller with a 5.0 i think it may work well as a top end,mid range prop maybe but probably a little big for getting outa the hole quick. what size you got on there now and what rpm's you getting it to spin?

CrazyHippy
    Try it. worst case you wont like it.
    The lower unit on a bravo is very similar to the lower on an outboard, the both have the blunt trailing edge
    My family boat is a low HP (200) outboard on a 7 seat v-bottom. The motor is set-up rather deep (3.75" below the bottom to the prop shaft). I tried the props (over the hub exhausting) from my faster wacker (Light weigh Tunnel w/ 300+HP and the propshaft 3/4" above the bottom of the boat) and it ran really hard. Accelerated like a rocket, but had too much stern lift on the big end. There was also alot of torque steer.
    Try as many props as you can, and get in touch w/ a good prop guy. let him know what each prop does good and bad, and listen to his advice.
    BJH

77charger
    i don't know if bravos and alphas have the same size shaft but i have a 20"threeblade marage in perfect condition for sale
    I saw it yesterday it is in very good condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast