Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well who was the first to the card stop!!!!!

Jrocket
    Whats up with the slow speeds this yr?? The water bad conditions or what??
    Confusion and boats sitting out in the middle of the course.After Black Meadows people started to get on the throttles alot more.

Havasu Hangin'
    Hats off to Lance in the "Blowout" Skater...he got a crappy start like us, but drove the friggin wheels off that boat, and chased everyone down but CRC.
    He said he was doing 160, and couldn't close on him.

burtandnancy
    There were two real sleepers that sneaked toward the front; Prime Time and Teague...

Havasu Cig
    I'm not sure they hauled ASSSS!......
    I don't think anyone broke 150 MPH....
    Not hard to be first when you're the parade pace boat and first to the bouy/start line....
    Not too easy for the rest of the parade to catch-up.....
    Oh yea.....I remember....It's not a race......sorry.....I forgot!
    Later,
    CJG

Well that about explains it all then. We were about 1/2 way to the dam and CRC went by way in front of everybody. Their speed, although impressive, did not seem like enough to be where they were in the pack. I was thinking something must have been screwed up at the start because when Predator came by they seem to be going much faster than CRC was. I think the event was pretty weak IMO. I won't wake up early to watch it next year...

Havasu Hangin'
    There were two real sleepers that sneaked toward the front; Prime Time and Teague...
    The Prime Time "Nordic" was pulled over...so I think they had some problems.
    We ran with Bob most of the way down, but he dropped back.
    There was some crazy man in a F-29 running hard along the shore...that guy had some huevos grande for how choppy the water was.

burtandnancy
    HH, you had a better view than we did, we were at card stop 3 in Thompson Bay. CRC was impressive on two of the three passes we saw, but didn't even attempt to get a card...

Jrocket
    The Prime Time "Nordic" was pulled over...so I think they had some problems.
    We ran with Bob most of the way down, but he dropped back.
    There was some crazy man in a F-29 running hard along the shore...that guy had some huevos grande for how choppy the water was.
    True,the "Clear Lake" F-29 DCB was definately running hard.Hats off to that guy for sure.

Chromegorilla
    Any word on why Ballistic was put back on the trailer? What kind of problems did they have?

Havasu Hangin'
    Any word on why Ballistic was put back on the trailer? What kind of problems did they have?
    My unreliable fourth-hand information said he had head gasket problems.
    One boat that suprised me was Deano and Gibson...they drove that MTI like they stole it. I think they were top 4?

Big Warlock
    I parked next to Ballistic most of the weekend at the Nautical. Looked like engine oil weeping out of the bilge from the port side. Oil was all over the trailer and still flowing for more than 24 hours. Feel bad because it sure looked like a beautiful boat. He has some serious dollars into that machine! :crossx:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast