Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well who was the first to the card stop!!!!!

Not So Fast
    Well that about explains it all then. We were about 1/2 way to the dam and CRC went by way in front of everybody. Their speed, although impressive, did not seem like enough to be where they were in the pack. I was thinking something must have been screwed up at the start because when Predator came by they seem to be going much faster than CRC was. I think the event was pretty weak IMO. I won't wake up early to watch it next year...
    Ditto HC, many more fantastic rigs it seemed but for viewing the race,er, poker run, it was not as exciting by a long shot. NSF

Jbb
    First to the card stop..... ..was there ever any doubt?.....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...lesbubbles.jpg

mbrown2
    CRC was running hard....I thought he looked as fast as Predator last year I was north of the pumping station, and he must of had a 1/4 mile on everyone...

Havasu_Dreamin
    I heard second, third, or more hand so take it for that, that CRC had his GPS recall at 181.

Havasu Hangin'
    I think you guys need to understand the start process this year. CRC had the flag, and was the first boat through the parade. After the 5MPH zone, he got up on plane, but there were still about 10 boats in the 5 MPH zone.
    We ran hard to catch up, and a small group formed around Site Six. There was mass confusion, since hardly anyone saw the flag drop- just CRC take off.
    He was gone before it ever got started.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I think you guys need to understand the start process this year. CRC had the flag, and was the first boat through the parade. After the 5MPH zone, he got up on plane, but there were still about 10 boats in the 5 MPH zone.
    We ran hard to catch up, and a small group formed around Site Six. There was mass confusion, since nobody saw the flag drop- just CRC take off.
    We were anchored out across from Sandpoint/Cat Tail and were wondering what had happened as CRC came by and no one else for almost a minute or more.

mbrown2
    Were you guys a quarter to half mile back at the start? Cause you were at the finish....I saw you guys go by and I you were going slower and not pulling him....going fast, but he was flying..
    We ran hard to catch up, and a small group formed around Site Six. There was mass confusion, since nobody saw the flag drop- just CRC take off.

unleashed
    What a freakin blast to be in Gibsons boat. I dont think we went much above 145....we were definitly the 4th boat to the first stop. We actaully followed the rules and went by copper cyn at 50 than hit the sticks again but by that time CRC was gone! Predator was gaining fast until he had engine problems...would had made it more interesting. Fun time for sures...I have some shitty video I'll post in a few. Good nightlife as well...lots of hot ladies at Kokohos last night...Im pretty sure HH and Kroozin had a good time!
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Jrocket
    Were you guys a quarter to half mile back at the start? Cause you were at the finish....I saw you guys go by and I you were going slower and not pulling him....going fast, but he was flying..
    Mike what happend was all of the boats were parade lapped through the channel and then out around the back side of the island.CRC was the first boat and also had the yellow flag with him.The pace boat was just to the inside of him and CRC had the very inside line coming around the island,we got pushed way out the right(California side)along with many others,so basically CRC took the very inside and the short line....then dropped the flag while others were still trying to get all lined up.CRC was gone while alot of people were still trying to keep the reasonable speed that was requested at the drivers meeting.In the long run nobody was going to catch or run with CRC anyway at the speeds he was putting down all weekend,Lance in the "Blowout Skater chased him down from back in the pack and could see him the whole way but said he couldnt catch him.Lance saw 160 on the first leg,we hit 150 and 140 a few times,Teague was close to us and pulled in right behind us.The F-29 pulled in one or two boats in front of us and Gibson was in front of the DCB by a few.The "Signature Alert" boat was 3rd and got a good start as well.If Dan "Kroozin" didnt wanted too he could have been up at the front easily if he hadnt got pushed to the outside and in bad traffic,the boat is very capable of running faster and he's definately got the skill to drive it in those conditions.I think he was be very cautious due to the traffic of the people not involved in the poker run darting in and out of the course and also he had a full boat of passengers.

Jrocket
    We actaully followed the rules and went by copper cyn at 50
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
    Amazing how that rule went out the window real quick with alot of people.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast