Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well who was the first to the card stop!!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
    Were you guys a quarter to half mile back at the start? Cause you were at the finish....I saw you guys go by and I you were going slower and not pulling him....going fast, but he was flying..
    Since it was a "biased" start, Dan decided not to push it...we just went KROOZIN at 120-140MPH. No reason to flog the boat if the start was that bad.
    I have it on video (along with the Spectre almost washing us down a couple times).
    Deano is right...we also tried to stay within the safety recommendations given at the driver's meeting...let's just say that others did not.

mbrown2
    JRocket, I figured he left early by the distance he had covered, but he was also hauling a$$.....Also, thought it was nice to see Gibson's boat hauling a$$...
    JRocket, what boat were you in?

mbrown2
    Since it was a "biased" start, Dan decided not to push it...we just went KROOZIN at 120-140MPH. No reason to flog the boat if the start was that bad.
    I have it on video (along with the Spectre almost washing us down a couple times).
    Deano is right...we also tried to stay within the safety recommendations given at the driver's meeting...let's just say that others did not.
    I also thought Kroozin would not be running it hard since it was up for sale...

Havasu Hangin'
    I'll let Dan speak for it...but let's just say that if the start was fair, I'll bet $1 that Dan would have left a few boats behind.

Jrocket
    MBrown,
    I got lucky and Dan "Kroozin" invited me to ride in his boat.
    HH is correct,the guy in the Spectre either doesnt know how to keep a straight line or was trying give Dan a wash job.I was getting sea sick watching him go left to right and back and forth.
    One thing I do know is going 150 in a boat with headsets on listening to elevator music is awesome.

Jrocket
    I believe that had something to do with also,he had mentioned it too me before we left that theres now need to run on it on kill.
    He did run hard a few times though and all I can say is I would have never thought a boat that size could accelerate like that! We were cruising at 95-100,just rolled into the throttles and we were at 137 before I knew it,very impressive for a big boat.

mbrown2
    That's cool you got to ride in his boat....his was one of the prettiest Skaters in the Nautical Cove and that is saying a lot.

Jrocket
    That's cool you got to ride in his boat....his was one of the prettiest Skaters in the Nautical Cove and that is saying a lot.
    Beyond cool.It was my first ride in a boat of that caliber and also that fastest Ive ever been on water,150!
    Huge thanks to Dan for the get your azz down here and ride in my boat phone call.Class act guy all the way around.

B-rad502
    Definitely not the speeds we have seen before down by Cattail/ Black Meadow. There were inadvised people all over the course, cutting across, just sitting in the middle, you name it! The Commander that was a staff safety boat down there was working their a$$es off trying to keep people away from the course. Actuaaly heard numerous boats throttling down when they came into that section, was pretty tense/ unsafe for a while.
    Knew that there had to be something going on with Gary Smith's boat when he wasn't running at the front. Then, saw him coming back on 1 motor. Predator did hold the unofficial title for quite some time though!

KROOZIN
    Beyond cool.It was my first ride in a boat of that caliber and also that fastest Ive ever been on water,150!
    Huge thanks to Dan for the get your azz down here and ride in my boat phone call.Class act guy all the way around.
    Thanks Rocket! I'm glad you made it out, it was fun hanging out with you, ...I got to get you in the front seat next time, I didn't realize that you didn't get up there, my brain was a little cloudy by saturday...lol
    Oh, and I'll burn you a copy of the "dentist office music" that I know you loved.....lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast