Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Steering Cables

full throttle
    I am looking for some new steering cables, and having no luck! If anyone is hooked-up with a good Morse source, the part #'s I need are;
    MOR30062216 & MOR30062219. They are for a Morse 200RP Command-2 rotary helm. Any help on this is GREATLY appreciated. Thx.

Little Wood Boat
    I've been looking for the same thing...almost...rack and pinon replacement cables. Did you go into REX or EDDIE Marine sites yet? There's quite a bit of rotary steering parts there...I think alot has been outdated or has been upgraded. If it's for a Schiada try the man himself at Schiada. Google search came up with go2marine.com Go to bottom of parts locator and search part # 100065

Dana Marine Products
    The Morse 300622 series is the older rotary cable. They haven't been made for roughly 7-8 years. You're only luck will be to find someone who has some left overs shelfed up. Be careful not to get talked into changing the helm to a new complete steering system without the proper length cables. The old Morse rotary helm allowed for the cables to exit opposed of each other and run down each side of the boat. The newer helms will not allow you to do that. Both cables exit out of the same side on Hardin and Teleflex dual rotary systems. If you get stuck going to a new system, be sure to get a longer cable for one side to absorb the big bend you'll have under the dash to run the cables opposed. Hopefully you can find the right cables, they're scarce.

Little Wood Boat
    Hey DMP, do you have any insight on manual hyd. steering that'll work for this replacement?

Dana Marine Products
    Either Imco or WPM was working on a system for Schiada. I haven't seen one, but I heard it's pretty nice. I heard about it from Schiada roughly 1 year ago, so I'm sure it's available.

dmontzsta
    Just go with the good ole cable set up, lots of those around.

Little Wood Boat
    Cables might be good in some apps., but for a cruiser with a closed floor, and no toe kick, pretty much gotta go hyd. or enclosed cable.
    DMP, just called IMCO Nev. there's alot of options for hyd steering. it can be seen on-line, even newer products available. Website not updated yet!

dmontzsta
    Cables might be good in some apps., but for a cruiser with a closed floor, and no toe kick, pretty much gotta go hyd. or enclosed cable.
    DMP, just called IMCO Nev. there's alot of options for hyd steering. it can be seen on-line, even newer products available. Website not updated yet!
    Ahhh, didnt know it was a cruiser.
    What kind of morse cable set up is he talking about? I have one I am ripping out of my Lavey, it is probably not long enough for a cruiser though.

I have a 300622 25 footer and a 26 footer, probably too long for you but just making you aware. You will be lucky to find the lengths you're looking for and as has been said there's no replacement for the Morse Command 2 cables.

full throttle
    I would really like to find these cables. If there's no way, then I may go hydraulic. Anyone know of other v-drive shops on the west coast that may have NOS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast