Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Cole Boats?

greyno3
    I would like to get as much info about the boat I just bought and anything else I can get my hands on about Cole Boats.
    Why did this boat company go T.U.? There's not much searching the web unless I'm not punching the right words.
    Any help out there???

olbiezer
    dont know what happened to the company but i know there are two different companies still popping out tr 2 and tr6's from origanial molds. one is extreem water craft in orlando think the other is on the west coast.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    Last I heard Cole moved to Havasu. Not sure if they are still in business now.

greyno3
    Man!!, you're scaring me. I was only looking for a little history and maby some exploded diagrams of the upholstry and such. This thing looks like a dr*g runnung boat. There's a couple of secret compartments that I found that the owner didn't show me!? I found about $3.70 in change. It's better than my couch!! Also a found few ru&&ers?! Must be a girl catcher?

N2Lake
    dont know what happened to the company but i know there are two different companies still popping out tr 2 and tr6's from origanial molds. one is extreem water craft in orlando think the other is on the west coast.
    Keith Sayre was telling me that Force has the molds for the 25 and 28. Someone in Havasu had them but something did not work out right, he saw Jim Cole hauling them out on a big gooseneck trailer. I wonder who has the molds for the 20 to 22 footers?
    Why did this boat company go T.U.?
    Maybe using the wrong people for bankers. I wish Jim still built boats.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Many, many rumors about what happened, where the molds are, and other things.

Cole Trickle
    We have owned our Cole for about 7 years now.(Selling soon)
    I have searched the internet and various boat sites and can find almost zero information or pictures about my boat.
    I believe the boat was built between 84-87 (20-21 ft open bow jet)
    I think it might be called a skier but I am not 100% sure?
    I do have alot of people tell me that Cole makes a great hull but other than that info is hard to come by.(I think it's a secret society)
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...0/2491cole.JPG
    Good luck with your search!
    Brandin

jbtrailerjim
    Force Offshore does indeed have the molds to the 25 & 28 and they are currently producing them. I love the lines of those two boats.

cole13
    greyno, I asked this same question when I was trying to track down the history on my hull. The molds are all over the place. Extreme Boats posts here on Hot Boat. They seem to be active in searching for the history of these boats. PM them and ask away. They were very helpful with me.
    As far as wondering if you got a good deal or not, I think you did. COLE, has a long race history and their hulls I feel are on par with Schiada's, Howards and the such. Very strong, boats! If you want to contact someone who was in that shop for a very long time, building and rigging those boats PM me. He may know more then the preivous owner did about that boat. Most likely he rigged it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast