i finnally got my flattie on the water today. it kept popping out of gear, so we tie straped it in gear. 2 mins latter in popped out agian. wouldnt go back in. so when i tore it down the shifting fork was sheared off. what cuased this and what parts other then the for will i or may need.
thank you
mike
the cassell was cool to touch but the lower outside was hot to touch
i belive mine is a split case 10 degree. it does split right down the middle it has a plate in the middle i bolt the cassel to the stringers off that aluminum plate. i did replace allseal and bearings in the case. the fork assembly has always been a problem since the previous owner did shady repairs. i went thru it did replace the spring & ball assembly. a drilled the cam looking thing a little further so i had a positive lock feeling with the ball. should have done it right but oh well. now i am replacing the whole shifting fork assembley with a steel fork instead of brass. so im at the mercy of this form for help i need information on weather this fork could have been what kept popping out of gear or if it might have been the shifting spline assembly and the fork is a cuaslty. if these splines are needed to be replaced and i cant find them (i would like to have this on the river for the 4th of july leaving this wednesday)
how can i rig this to work
thank you
mike[/QUOTE]
i relize that it sounds like i repeated myself here. i copied it from another thread i wrote. i need as much info as i can. and that is why i have it in 2 spots thank you