Thread: shifting fork problem help info

meaniam
    i finnally got my flattie on the water today. it kept popping out of gear, so we tie straped it in gear. 2 mins latter in popped out agian. wouldnt go back in. so when i tore it down the shifting fork was sheared off. what cuased this and what parts other then the for will i or may need.
    thank you
    mike
    the cassell was cool to touch but the lower outside was hot to touch
    i belive mine is a split case 10 degree. it does split right down the middle it has a plate in the middle i bolt the cassel to the stringers off that aluminum plate. i did replace allseal and bearings in the case. the fork assembly has always been a problem since the previous owner did shady repairs. i went thru it did replace the spring & ball assembly. a drilled the cam looking thing a little further so i had a positive lock feeling with the ball. should have done it right but oh well. now i am replacing the whole shifting fork assembley with a steel fork instead of brass. so im at the mercy of this form for help i need information on weather this fork could have been what kept popping out of gear or if it might have been the shifting spline assembly and the fork is a cuaslty. if these splines are needed to be replaced and i cant find them (i would like to have this on the river for the 4th of july leaving this wednesday)
    how can i rig this to work
    thank you
    mike[/QUOTE]
    i relize that it sounds like i repeated myself here. i copied it from another thread i wrote. i need as much info as i can. and that is why i have it in 2 spots thank you

Moneypitt
    See your v drive thread........I think your "dogs" are tired.........MP

meaniam
    thanks money pit for your advice i thank the dogs are what i am refering to as spline can i find dogs where do i get them. do you know what they run. and are they hard to install
    mike
    they probably are i have been running them hard and not giving them water.
    joking
    i do not force my cassell in drive with motor running always shut it off then engage. but people that owned boat before me could have engaged casselll without turning engine off

Please do not multiple post stuff in more than one forum. Orders from ***boat. thanks.