Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help w/496ho

daytona22
    i was in the water sat. and as i came up on plane, the alarm beeped, then went solid, then shut the motor down. it restarted and ran fine as long as i didn't go for the throttle. i repeated above senario 2 more times, then got disgusted and put it on the trailer. boat is at dealer, but he doesn't have the scan tool. it's a 2002 in a daytona22 w/110 hours and it gets treated to the best for service. i never showed temp above 180, and i never had less than 40 lbs. oil pres. even while the alarm was solid. the drive resivor was between add and full, and i disconected the wires from the drive res. and it still did the same thing. dealer is starting with the impeller, but w/the 4th comming up, i'm a little worried i won't have the boat back. any help or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. has this happened to anybody else? i bought this setup because it was supposed to be bullitproof and brainless - man am i depressed!!!!!

daytona22
    where is it? front or back? how much? how do u check it?

waterboy
    i would check to see how much oil it has mine was low and did the same thing

daytona22
    i'm in ohio, so i have to fix it here, which is why i asked for help here - i know u guys will know the answer, i just have to ask. i relocated the throttle cable (dealer installed) last fall, and went with a silicone lined one so i could get the shifter to move smoothly. the way elim. mounted it, and the cable they used were both suspect. i could hardly move it and the wife had lots of trouble bringing ot to the trailer - i will check w/dealer in the a.m. to see if anything came loose back there!!!!

daytona22
    waterboy - do u mean engine oil? the first time it did it i was crossing a large wake at a relitively slow speed and the boat got tossed pretty good, but then it did it 2 more times in smooth water when i went 4 the gas

waterboy
    yes engine oil, mine did it when ever i was going fast then let off the gas it would beep for a few seconds , good luck let me know what you find out.

daytona22
    i told the dealer to change oil, filter, fuel water and drive fluid while it was in, so we will see - how did u determine that was the problem? did it show on a scan? did u have a scan tool to look at? did your alarm go solid?

Beer-30
    I would bet yours has the water pressure sensor on the sea pump. Mine was the year before that. An impellor on its way out will give a "90% reduction in power with a solid beep". Mine was a momentary, but consistant beep with a 10% reduction in power. It was an unplugged exhaust water temp sender. See if they can borrow a scan tool. My code told us where to look by giving an "exh water temp sensor" code. :messedup:

waterboy
    i have my boat serviced every year in febuary and dont think much of if after that (i know i know) but after this happening i most of the weekend i started checking thing pulled the dipstick no oil put in 2 qts still no oil it was 4,5 qt low out of 7. i thought new boat no worries but either they didnt fill it up our it burns oil when new have not had a problem since, it is a 454 mag.

waterboy
    no scan just alot of checking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast