Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ride plate or not to ride plate???

CMZRACING
    Hey all, having some simple questions about my 75 sanger super jet. i just got bushwacker diverter and controls and installed them. along with a semi-blocker intake grate. im hopeing to cure this porpoiseing problem. i had a wedge in it, and you guys said to 86 it, so i did. it kinda helped but not really. do have to run ride plates? what benifits do they have? mines got one but it only extends back about 3 inches past the transome. im thinking of 86'ing that thing as well and start with a base line to see what makes the biggest difference. thanks for any input.

Mohavekid
    The Sanger Super Jet came with the ride plate from the factory.
    Try adjusting the plate down some at the rear. You can always extend the plate too.
    A combination of ride plate and diverter adjustment can null out your porpoise.
    Good luck.

b's sanger
    I have a 77 Sprint Jet with a longer ride plate and have had no problems.

SmokinLowriderSS
    do have to run ride plates? what benifits do they have? mines got one but it only extends back about 3 inches past the transome. im thinking of 86'ing that thing as well and start with a base line to see what makes the biggest difference. thanks for any input.
    That has got to be the shortest ride plate I ever heard of : 3". Are you sure you don't mean it extends about 3" past your bowl?
    The short one on my Berk F is over a foot long beyond my transom. Adjusting it up too high causes me to porpose, too low, she drags the bow.

CMZRACING
    Nope this ride plate extends only about 3" past the transome. i dont know how to post pic in the forum. i have a couple pics to put up. should i try adjusting the plate down a little or wait to see how much of a difference this place diverter makes first? thanks

Pick out a couple of the pics you'd like up here, and email em to me. I'll put em up for ya.
    danimal2@earthlink.net

Mohavekid
    Try just the diverter then if you still have the porpoise, try adjusting the ride plate down a little at a time.
    You may benefit by extending the ride plate somewhat and going to a cradle type setup as opposed to the turnbuckles that are on there now.
    I extended the ride plate on my boat about 8 inches and it made a world of difference.

http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/da...9cmzracing.jpg
    It's kinda hard to see in this photo (dark) but it's the typical Sanger rideplate. More like 6" from the transom looks like.

squirtcha?'s_son
    I also think u should either extend or play with the ride plate u want to be precise if u lower it otherwise ur boat will ride on the bow more than it should. If u xtend it u will still have to play with it a little bit but u will have more play (i think not entirely sure )

Squirtin Thunder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast