Thread: It's Alive!!!

Hot damn.
    All that hard work and $$$ paid off. Turned the key and it damn near scared the crap out of me. Lit instantly. Broke in the cam for 30 minutes, Oil pressure 70psi, Fuel pressure 7psi, 14volts, gauges work, no leaks, no drama. Go figure. This is normally not how things go for me.
    The holley seems to need a bit of tuning but otherwise it's perfect. You don't suppose I jinxed myself do you?
    Many many thanks to Malcolm, Moneypitt, Fiat48, Budlight, Rexone,Toddnjuzz and Cas . You guys were a ton of help and it's very much appreciated.
    See ya on the water.........John

malcolm
    Alright!!!
    I wish I could have been there to hear it. Now we just have to get you on the water somewhere.

AZKC
    Some times it just clicks. Good job and good luck

Thanks guys. I had a big sh&t eatin grin from ear to ear.
    Might have to think about some baffles. It's a bit louder than I was expecting at idle. When the water comes in, it's more like what I was hoping for.

malcolm
    Yeah, they sound fine from shore, but in the boat can get pretty nasty after a few minutes. We carry ear plugs for our river runs. There is something to be said about loud boats saving lives, Saturday on the river we were all by ourselves except for 4 jetskies. They kept buzzing around like idiots (like jetskies do), but whenever I got on it, THEY ALL LOOKED!

Captain no fun
    Man, I know what you mean about not how things usually go! We fired mine off @ 10:00 P.M. No drama is a good thing. I have a mechanical roller, so no break-in required. Come to the river with us, Jeff has a GPS, Mark from Jim Greens said he'd come out with us to offer a few pointers. I asked him if he wouldn't mind being in the interogation seat he said it'd be cool. He is sharp so it would benefit all of us.