Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: un-assembled crate engines from Chevy?

ECeptor
    Anyone heard of assembly yourself engines from Chevy? I heard throught the grapevine about a guy who bought a 502hp 502ci Chevy crate unassembled much cheaper than the normal assembled crate version.
    I know PAW has such kits, but have heard their machine work is questionable. Something straight from GM would be a much better option. I'd rather assemble the engine myself just to say I did and save a few $$$ in the process.

probablecause
    SALLEE CHEVY Prices: Only saving about $300.00
    http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Chev...s/12371171.jpg
    Unassembled - 12371171 Performance Engine GMPP, 8.2L 502ci V8 Gas Engine
    502/502 Horsepower Premium Kit. BBC crate engine. 7,195.00
    http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Chev...ages/zz502.jpg
    Assembled - 12496962 Performance Engine GMPP, 8.2L 502ci V8 Gas Engine
    502/502 Premium Kit(Fully Assembled) Deluxe. BBC crate engine. 7,495.00

CrazyHippy
    only time the non assembled one would be an advantage is if you are planing on tering it down to check everything anyways, or if you are going to change something internal for marine use...
    It costs $300 to have someone look at a motor, alot more to have one assembled.
    BJH

Sleek-Jet
    It's not really "unassembled"... the short block is complete and buttoned up, the customer has to finish the long block.

sdpm
    I have one of those for sale. GM pt # 12371204 502/502. It is brand new in the crate!
    $5800.00

Neil, you still have that thing sitting around? I figured th would have been long gone. I pass the word along to a friend of mine who is thinking about a new motor.
    Brian

sdpm
    Thanks Brian, I thought it was sold to someone here on the boards but did not go through. He said he would take it and then changed his mind. Oh well. So it is still for sale. I just lowered my price on my Rodeck on Racing Junk if anyone is looking for a real nice race engine.

Moneypitt
    I have assembled several PAW engine kits over the years and they were always right on the money. All the #s fit, and the motors all ran as expected. Although I would not classify them as all out race motors, they saw there share of abuse, and lived through it...........MP

GofastRacer
    It's not really "unassembled"... the short block is complete and buttoned up, the customer has to finish the long block.
    Yes you can buy "unassembled kits" and that is the way to go, why waste money on a completed one when you have tear it down anyways to check what you get and measure everything up to make sure it's right!..

Sleek-Jet
    Yes you can buy "unassembled kits" and that is the way to go, why waste money on a completed one when you have tear it down anyways to check what you get and measure everything up to make sure it's right!..
    From GM??? What's the part number???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast